KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Mido announces decision to leave Zamalek
In what can only be described as a bitter-sweet journey for Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ during his tenure as Zamalek manager, the former AS Roma striker confirmed that he’ll be leaving his post as first team manager.
Mido took to Twitter to announce his decision to leave the club, after losing Zamalek’s most crucial match of the season against Smouha, ending the Whites’ hopes of winning the league title and possibly missing out on Champions League football next season if they do not win the current season’s edition.
“I thank the great fans of Zamalek for standing by me from day one till the end and I apologize that I could not achieve their dream,” Mido tweeted regarding the fact that Zamalek’s 10 year wait without a league title will now go on.
“I was sincere in my work from the first day and was dedicated to bring back Zamalek. I took on all the challenges and left the world and what it contains to try to make you happy,” Mido continued.
Confirming his decision to leave his post, Mido said: “But the circumstances were tougher than me and now I return as a fan once more, under the service of Zamalek in any time and at any place.”
ولكن الظروف كانت أقوى منى والآن أعود مشجع درجة ثالثه مره أخرى وتحت أمر نادي الزمالك خادم لترابه في أي وقت وأي منصب..#بحبك_يا_زمالك
— Mido (@midoahm) July 3, 2014
Mido confirmed following Wednesday’s loss that he will play Zamalek’s final league game of the season against Petrojet with the club’s youngsters.