Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Mido announces decision to leave Zamalek
In what can only be described as a bitter-sweet journey for Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ during his tenure as Zamalek manager, the former AS Roma striker confirmed that he’ll be leaving his post as first team manager.
Mido took to Twitter to announce his decision to leave the club, after losing Zamalek’s most crucial match of the season against Smouha, ending the Whites’ hopes of winning the league title and possibly missing out on Champions League football next season if they do not win the current season’s edition.
“I thank the great fans of Zamalek for standing by me from day one till the end and I apologize that I could not achieve their dream,” Mido tweeted regarding the fact that Zamalek’s 10 year wait without a league title will now go on.
“I was sincere in my work from the first day and was dedicated to bring back Zamalek. I took on all the challenges and left the world and what it contains to try to make you happy,” Mido continued.
Confirming his decision to leave his post, Mido said: “But the circumstances were tougher than me and now I return as a fan once more, under the service of Zamalek in any time and at any place.”
ولكن الظروف كانت أقوى منى والآن أعود مشجع درجة ثالثه مره أخرى وتحت أمر نادي الزمالك خادم لترابه في أي وقت وأي منصب..#بحبك_يا_زمالك
— Mido (@midoahm) July 3, 2014
Mido confirmed following Wednesday’s loss that he will play Zamalek’s final league game of the season against Petrojet with the club’s youngsters.