Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Four-star Al Ahly cruise past Petrojet
Seventeen-year-old Ramadan Sobhy opened the scoring before Amr Gamal doubled the Red Devils’ lead; Sobhy scored once more to make it 3-0 before Ahmed Raouf rounded the game off.
Petrojet started off brightly and could’ve took an early lead but Said Kamal managed to miss from point-blank range.
Osama Mohamed then unleashed a stinging strike which slammed against the woodwork, much to the dismay of Mokhtar Mokhtar.
Al Ahly however began to show more grit and Ramadan Sobhy should’ve made it 1-0 but his finish went over the bar.
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ had another chance to put the Red Devils ahead but his strike hit the side netting.
The Suez side were then awarded a penalty soon after but Marwan Mohsen saw his spot kick saved by Sherif Ekramy.
The Red Castle got their goal early in the second half when Ramadan Sobhy slammed his finish into the top corner.
Amr Gamal then got the Red Devils’ second when he latched onto Ahmed Fathi’s cross and guided his header past Mohamed El-Shennawy.
Sobhy found the net once again when he latched onto a goal-line clearance to make it 3-0.
Petrojet were awarded another penalty when Saad Samir brought down Peter Kwarteng inside the box.
Mohamed Abdelsalam, like Marwan Mohsen, saw his penalty saved by Sherif Ekramy to mark off a miserable day for Petrojet.
With two minutes remaining, Ahmed Raouf got the fourth goal after some great work on the right from Karim Bambo.