Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Smouha receive FC Basel offer for Ahmed Hamoudi
Hamoudi has been producing a fine string of performances for Smouha in the past 2 seasons; scoring 9 and assisting as many goals in 32 appearances for the Alexandria-based club.
The 23-year-old was handed his international debut on March 7th, 2013 in Egypt’s 3-1 loss against Qatar, starting the game before being replaced in the 81st minute.
The attacking midfielder unveiled in his statements to Yallakora that he has received an offer from current Swiss League champions FC Basel.
“I have received an offer from Switzerland’s FC Basel but I will not be getting into details in the meantime,” Hamoudi stated.
The board of Smouha confirmed that they have received several offers from European clubs requesting the services of Hamoudi, but have decided to postpone their decisions regarding his future until the league is over.
Smouha will take on Cairo giants Al Ahly in a title-deciding clash on Monday – the final game of the season – after securing qualification to the CAF Champions League for the first time in the club’s history with a 2-1 win against Zamalek.
Hamoudi could be the third Egyptian to sign for FC Basel following in the footsteps of Mohamed Salah who signed for Chelsea in the last winter transfer window and El-Nenny who joined Basel on a 4-year deal last year.