Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Smouha receive FC Basel offer for Ahmed Hamoudi
Hamoudi has been producing a fine string of performances for Smouha in the past 2 seasons; scoring 9 and assisting as many goals in 32 appearances for the Alexandria-based club.
The 23-year-old was handed his international debut on March 7th, 2013 in Egypt’s 3-1 loss against Qatar, starting the game before being replaced in the 81st minute.
The attacking midfielder unveiled in his statements to Yallakora that he has received an offer from current Swiss League champions FC Basel.
“I have received an offer from Switzerland’s FC Basel but I will not be getting into details in the meantime,” Hamoudi stated.
The board of Smouha confirmed that they have received several offers from European clubs requesting the services of Hamoudi, but have decided to postpone their decisions regarding his future until the league is over.
Smouha will take on Cairo giants Al Ahly in a title-deciding clash on Monday – the final game of the season – after securing qualification to the CAF Champions League for the first time in the club’s history with a 2-1 win against Zamalek.
Hamoudi could be the third Egyptian to sign for FC Basel following in the footsteps of Mohamed Salah who signed for Chelsea in the last winter transfer window and El-Nenny who joined Basel on a 4-year deal last year.