Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Mido excludes six players, Mohamed Ibrahim banned
In what can only be described as one of the most eventful days for Zamalek this season, and not for the best of reasons, Zamalek’s board and head coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ have excluded six players from the team until the end of the season, while also banning Mohamed Ibrahim for his ‘doping’ remarks.
Veteran defender Mahmoud Fathallah heads the list of players excluded along with Nour El-Sayed, Ahmed Gaafar, Islam Awad, Dominique Da Silva and Ahmed Samir due to the disastrous drop in form that they’ve suffered this season, especially Mahmoud Fathalla who is said to be on his way out of the club after Zamalek signed several players that can occupy his centre-back position for next season.
Meanwhile, the other five players are also expected to be released by the club as the board do not think they are good enough for Zamalek anymore but it is expected that this list will grow due to the fact that Zamalek have already signed more than 10 players for next season.
On the other hand, Zamalek president Mortada Mansour has declared that the club have banned playmaker Mohamed Ibrahim and confirmed that he will be under investigation following his comments after Smouha beat Zamalek on Wednesday night, where he demanded that all the players in the league should go undergo doping tests for banned substances.
Mansour said: “Mohamed Ibrahim should not have said those comments without proof that someone is using a banned substance and so he is now banned and put under investigation for his comments until he knows that this is Zamalek SC.”
Earlier on Thursday, Mido announced his decision to leave Zamalek on Twitter but later the club confirmed that the youngest manager in Egypt football’s history is staying in his post.