Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Emad Meteb pens new Al Ahly deal
Meteb has officially penned a new three year deal with Al Ahly, ending speculation about a possible move away from El-Gezira.
The Egyptian internaional has also reportedly allowed the board to estimate the value of his new contract.
Speaking about the renewal, General Supervisor Alaa Abdel-Sadek said that Meteb will don the red shirt for three more seasons.
”After a brief meeting Meteb decided to renew his contract with us [Al Ahly], he’s an important player,” Abdel-Sadek told the club’s official website.
The 31-year-old made his first appearance this season in Al Ahly’s 4-0 win over Petrojet after missing most of the seaspn through a hamstring injury he endured in the game against Entag El-Harby in December.