Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Gedo and Abou-Treika join Al Ahly’s title celebrations with congratulatory messages
Al Ahly claimed their 37th league title by playing out a 0-0 draw with Smouha yesterday at the Cairo International Stadium.
Speaking to reporters after the game, Gedo, who is out with a cruciate ligament injury, congratulated his team-mates whilst also dismissing that he will leave El-Gezira
“I’m very happy to be here,” he said. “I haven’t even been thinking about leaving.
“The youth players have achieved the victory, and they are the real winners here; I’d also like to congratulate Fathi Mabrouk who led us to such a great victory against all the odds.”
Joining the title celebrations was club legend Mohamed Abou-Treika who took to Twitter to express his ecstasy at Al Ahly’s triumph, while also hailing the club’s fans.
In the first tweet, Abou-Treika wrote: “If you read 37 backwards then you get the answer for the club’s success.
The tweet was an obvious tribute to the Port Said tragedy, where over 72 fans were killed in a game between Al Ahly and Al-Masry.
In the second tweet, Treika paid tribute to the several youngsters, and concluded his brief tweet by writing “this is Al Ahly”.
“Another generation crowned as league champions; this is Al Ahly,” Abou-Treika concluded.