Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
FC Basel close to sealing Hamoudi deal
23-year-old attacking midfielder Hamoudi had previously admitted to receiving an offer from the Swiss giants, but said that the offer was not going to be considered until the club played their remaining vital Egyptian league game against Al Ahly.
The game against Al Ahly was the title decider; the Red Devils needed a win or a draw to win the league on goal difference, while Smouha had to win the game to be crowned champions for the first time in their history.
Al Ahly came away with a 0-0 draw against Smouha, and hence were crowned league winners for the 8th time in a row and the 37th time in their history. With that out of the way, Hamoudi’s deal to Basel seems ever closer to happening.
Smouha manager Hamada Sedky said on Wednesday: “Smouha’s chairman [Mohamed Farag Amer] demanded a written agreement from me confirming my approval of Hamoudi’s move and I gave him that.”
“Hamoudi’s move to Basel is great for both the player and the club allowing him to play in major European competitions as well as providing an opportunity to market Smouha’s name abroad,” he added.
Sedky further revealed: “There is a small disagreement about the fee, Smouha demanded 800,000 Euros while FC Basel only offered 600,000.
“I found out that a final agreement will be reached within the next 24 hours,” he concluded.
Hamoudi scored 8 goals and assisted 5 in the past season, helping Smouha reach the final stage of the Egyptian Premier League and clinching their first ever CAF Champions League qualification spot in the the club’s history.