KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
FC Basel close to sealing Hamoudi deal
23-year-old attacking midfielder Hamoudi had previously admitted to receiving an offer from the Swiss giants, but said that the offer was not going to be considered until the club played their remaining vital Egyptian league game against Al Ahly.
The game against Al Ahly was the title decider; the Red Devils needed a win or a draw to win the league on goal difference, while Smouha had to win the game to be crowned champions for the first time in their history.
Al Ahly came away with a 0-0 draw against Smouha, and hence were crowned league winners for the 8th time in a row and the 37th time in their history. With that out of the way, Hamoudi’s deal to Basel seems ever closer to happening.
Smouha manager Hamada Sedky said on Wednesday: “Smouha’s chairman [Mohamed Farag Amer] demanded a written agreement from me confirming my approval of Hamoudi’s move and I gave him that.”
“Hamoudi’s move to Basel is great for both the player and the club allowing him to play in major European competitions as well as providing an opportunity to market Smouha’s name abroad,” he added.
Sedky further revealed: “There is a small disagreement about the fee, Smouha demanded 800,000 Euros while FC Basel only offered 600,000.
“I found out that a final agreement will be reached within the next 24 hours,” he concluded.
Hamoudi scored 8 goals and assisted 5 in the past season, helping Smouha reach the final stage of the Egyptian Premier League and clinching their first ever CAF Champions League qualification spot in the the club’s history.