Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
FC Basel close to sealing Hamoudi deal
23-year-old attacking midfielder Hamoudi had previously admitted to receiving an offer from the Swiss giants, but said that the offer was not going to be considered until the club played their remaining vital Egyptian league game against Al Ahly.
The game against Al Ahly was the title decider; the Red Devils needed a win or a draw to win the league on goal difference, while Smouha had to win the game to be crowned champions for the first time in their history.
Al Ahly came away with a 0-0 draw against Smouha, and hence were crowned league winners for the 8th time in a row and the 37th time in their history. With that out of the way, Hamoudi’s deal to Basel seems ever closer to happening.
Smouha manager Hamada Sedky said on Wednesday: “Smouha’s chairman [Mohamed Farag Amer] demanded a written agreement from me confirming my approval of Hamoudi’s move and I gave him that.”
“Hamoudi’s move to Basel is great for both the player and the club allowing him to play in major European competitions as well as providing an opportunity to market Smouha’s name abroad,” he added.
Sedky further revealed: “There is a small disagreement about the fee, Smouha demanded 800,000 Euros while FC Basel only offered 600,000.
“I found out that a final agreement will be reached within the next 24 hours,” he concluded.
Hamoudi scored 8 goals and assisted 5 in the past season, helping Smouha reach the final stage of the Egyptian Premier League and clinching their first ever CAF Champions League qualification spot in the the club’s history.