Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed receives Qatari offers
Veteran goalkeeper Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has been the center of many headlines as of late, especially after Zamalek’s disappointing loss against Smouha in the league’s final stages, and he has yet to participate with the team since then, missing two cup games.
The Zamalek keeper has reportedly received offers from Iran to Sudan, and from a Qatari club which would also grant him citizenship.
“Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has received 5 offers. From Sudan, Iran and Qatar,” said the player’s agent Mohamed Farouk.
“Abdel-Wahed has been offered the Qatari citizenship and a contract with a team, but the Zamalek keeper has opted to delay the offer until his situation with Zamalek is clearer,” he added.
It’s worth noting that according to the Qatari League regulations, foreign goalkeepers are banned from participation.
Zamalek have been tipped to sign Mohamed Awad and Ahmed El-Shennawy, Ismaily and Al Masry keepers respectively, in the event that El-Sayed decides to leave or retire.