Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed receives Qatari offers
Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed is said to be offered the Qatari citizenship, as a clause to joining a team in the Qatari League.
Veteran goalkeeper Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has been the center of many headlines as of late, especially after Zamalek’s disappointing loss against Smouha in the league’s final stages, and he has yet to participate with the team since then, missing two cup games.
The Zamalek keeper has reportedly received offers from Iran to Sudan, and from a Qatari club which would also grant him citizenship.
“Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has received 5 offers. From Sudan, Iran and Qatar,” said the player’s agent Mohamed Farouk.
“Abdel-Wahed has been offered the Qatari citizenship and a contract with a team, but the Zamalek keeper has opted to delay the offer until his situation with Zamalek is clearer,” he added.
It’s worth noting that according to the Qatari League regulations, foreign goalkeepers are banned from participation.
Zamalek have been tipped to sign Mohamed Awad and Ahmed El-Shennawy, Ismaily and Al Masry keepers respectively, in the event that El-Sayed decides to leave or retire.