Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed receives Qatari offers
Veteran goalkeeper Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has been the center of many headlines as of late, especially after Zamalek’s disappointing loss against Smouha in the league’s final stages, and he has yet to participate with the team since then, missing two cup games.
The Zamalek keeper has reportedly received offers from Iran to Sudan, and from a Qatari club which would also grant him citizenship.
“Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has received 5 offers. From Sudan, Iran and Qatar,” said the player’s agent Mohamed Farouk.
“Abdel-Wahed has been offered the Qatari citizenship and a contract with a team, but the Zamalek keeper has opted to delay the offer until his situation with Zamalek is clearer,” he added.
It’s worth noting that according to the Qatari League regulations, foreign goalkeepers are banned from participation.
Zamalek have been tipped to sign Mohamed Awad and Ahmed El-Shennawy, Ismaily and Al Masry keepers respectively, in the event that El-Sayed decides to leave or retire.