Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed receives Qatari offers
Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed is said to be offered the Qatari citizenship, as a clause to joining a team in the Qatari League.
Veteran goalkeeper Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has been the center of many headlines as of late, especially after Zamalek’s disappointing loss against Smouha in the league’s final stages, and he has yet to participate with the team since then, missing two cup games.
The Zamalek keeper has reportedly received offers from Iran to Sudan, and from a Qatari club which would also grant him citizenship.
“Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has received 5 offers. From Sudan, Iran and Qatar,” said the player’s agent Mohamed Farouk.
“Abdel-Wahed has been offered the Qatari citizenship and a contract with a team, but the Zamalek keeper has opted to delay the offer until his situation with Zamalek is clearer,” he added.
It’s worth noting that according to the Qatari League regulations, foreign goalkeepers are banned from participation.
Zamalek have been tipped to sign Mohamed Awad and Ahmed El-Shennawy, Ismaily and Al Masry keepers respectively, in the event that El-Sayed decides to leave or retire.