Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed receives Qatari offers
Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed is said to be offered the Qatari citizenship, as a clause to joining a team in the Qatari League.
Veteran goalkeeper Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has been the center of many headlines as of late, especially after Zamalek’s disappointing loss against Smouha in the league’s final stages, and he has yet to participate with the team since then, missing two cup games.
The Zamalek keeper has reportedly received offers from Iran to Sudan, and from a Qatari club which would also grant him citizenship.
“Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has received 5 offers. From Sudan, Iran and Qatar,” said the player’s agent Mohamed Farouk.
“Abdel-Wahed has been offered the Qatari citizenship and a contract with a team, but the Zamalek keeper has opted to delay the offer until his situation with Zamalek is clearer,” he added.
It’s worth noting that according to the Qatari League regulations, foreign goalkeepers are banned from participation.
Zamalek have been tipped to sign Mohamed Awad and Ahmed El-Shennawy, Ismaily and Al Masry keepers respectively, in the event that El-Sayed decides to leave or retire.