Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Rui Alves: We want Ghazal to stay, we can find new Cristiano in Egypt
Speaking to KingFut.com editor Marwan Ahmed exclusively, Nacional president Rui Alves revealed how he scouts for talent across the world, and also mentioned the club’s desire to keep Aly Ghazal for at least another season – where the club will participate in the Europa League for the first time in their history.
During the press conference, where the presidents of Arab Contractors and Nacional announced a cooperation deal between the two clubs, followed by the signings of Ali Fathy and Mahmoud Ezzat, Alves told the story of him selling a young Cristiano Ronaldo to Sporting Club de Portugal for just €30,000, which he described as ‘nothing’ after Ronaldo’s €94 million move to Real Madrid in 2009.
When asked if he could find a ‘new Ronaldo’, or a player similar to the Real Madrid superstar in Egypt, Rui said: “Yes, I have a certain way of signing youth.”
“In any part of the world a Cristiano can be born. Cristiano was born in a little Island, Lisboa and everywhere you can get one.
“You just have to work in football everyday, studying, looking, if you love it.”
We want to keep Ghazal
When asked about Aly Ghazal’s situation at Nacional, Rui Alves reaffirmed his desire to keep the 22-year-old defender at the club due to participation in the Europa League.
“For us, we want to keep Ghazal at the club. I think Ghazal will help us in the Europa League.
“I want to keep him because he is increasing in value. I once bought a player for €1.5 million then sold him the following January for €6 million.
“I want to keep him for one more year then maybe after the Europa League we will sell him,” said the Nacional president.
Regarding the sum Nacional will be looking to obtain from the sale of Ghazal, he said: “We want four or over four million Euros.”