Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
VIDEO: Egypt’s Shikabala scores ‘golaço’ in Sporting Lisbon friendly
28-year-old playmaker and former Zamalek star Shikabala scored his first goal for Sporting Lisbon – a brilliant chip with the outside of his left boot – in a 2-1 friendly win against Selecção dos Açores.
The Egyptian international, who joined the club last January on a four-and-a-half-year deal, opened the scoring for the Lisbon-based side a minute into the second half, before Hélder Arruda equalized three minutes later.
Shikabala tricked a defender on the top of the box with a feint before immediately chipping the ball into the back of the net with the same left foot, leaving the Açores keeper helpless with both feet planted.
Shika was on the verge of netting his second goal 20 minutes later, but his strong shot was blocked. However, seven minutes later Portuguese forward Wilson Eduardo headed-home the winner.