Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
VIDEO: Egypt’s Shikabala scores ‘golaço’ in Sporting Lisbon friendly
28-year-old playmaker and former Zamalek star Shikabala scored his first goal for Sporting Lisbon – a brilliant chip with the outside of his left boot – in a 2-1 friendly win against Selecção dos Açores.
The Egyptian international, who joined the club last January on a four-and-a-half-year deal, opened the scoring for the Lisbon-based side a minute into the second half, before Hélder Arruda equalized three minutes later.
Shikabala tricked a defender on the top of the box with a feint before immediately chipping the ball into the back of the net with the same left foot, leaving the Açores keeper helpless with both feet planted.
Shika was on the verge of netting his second goal 20 minutes later, but his strong shot was blocked. However, seven minutes later Portuguese forward Wilson Eduardo headed-home the winner.