Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Egypt’s Shikabala scores ‘golaço’ in Sporting Lisbon friendly
28-year-old playmaker and former Zamalek star Shikabala scored his first goal for Sporting Lisbon – a brilliant chip with the outside of his left boot – in a 2-1 friendly win against Selecção dos Açores.
The Egyptian international, who joined the club last January on a four-and-a-half-year deal, opened the scoring for the Lisbon-based side a minute into the second half, before Hélder Arruda equalized three minutes later.
Shikabala tricked a defender on the top of the box with a feint before immediately chipping the ball into the back of the net with the same left foot, leaving the Açores keeper helpless with both feet planted.
Shika was on the verge of netting his second goal 20 minutes later, but his strong shot was blocked. However, seven minutes later Portuguese forward Wilson Eduardo headed-home the winner.