Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
Egypt FA: Cup final to be played without fans
The Egyptian Football Association have confirmed that the Egypt Cup Final will be played in the absence of fans.
Speaking to Egyptian TV, an FA Spokesperson confirmed that the Cup Final – where there is a possibility of a clash between Al Ahly and Zamalek, will be played without the attendance of the fans whether it were to be played in Aswan or any other state.
“The match will go ahead without the presence of the fans whether it will go ahead in Aswan or any other place.
“We have an agreement with the Ministry of Interior that the whole season whether League or Cup will be played without fans.
“The Ministry of Interior have promised us that the fans will return to the stadiums starting from Egypt’s match against Tunisia on the second of August for the African Cup of Nations qualifiers,” he concluded.
Zamalek have made it to the Cup final for the second season in a row after narrowly beating Wadi Degla on penalties while Al Ahly take on Smouha later on Tuesday in a League final repeat to determine who will face Zamalek in the Cup Final.
Whites president Mortada Mansour had declared yesterday that the team will refuse to play in Aswan due to the elevated temperature after the team had made it to the final.