Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Egypt FA: Cup final to be played without fans
Speaking to Egyptian TV, an FA Spokesperson confirmed that the Cup Final – where there is a possibility of a clash between Al Ahly and Zamalek, will be played without the attendance of the fans whether it were to be played in Aswan or any other state.
“The match will go ahead without the presence of the fans whether it will go ahead in Aswan or any other place.
“We have an agreement with the Ministry of Interior that the whole season whether League or Cup will be played without fans.
“The Ministry of Interior have promised us that the fans will return to the stadiums starting from Egypt’s match against Tunisia on the second of August for the African Cup of Nations qualifiers,” he concluded.
Zamalek have made it to the Cup final for the second season in a row after narrowly beating Wadi Degla on penalties while Al Ahly take on Smouha later on Tuesday in a League final repeat to determine who will face Zamalek in the Cup Final.
Whites president Mortada Mansour had declared yesterday that the team will refuse to play in Aswan due to the elevated temperature after the team had made it to the final.