Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Egypt FA: Cup final to be played without fans
The Egyptian Football Association have confirmed that the Egypt Cup Final will be played in the absence of fans.
Speaking to Egyptian TV, an FA Spokesperson confirmed that the Cup Final – where there is a possibility of a clash between Al Ahly and Zamalek, will be played without the attendance of the fans whether it were to be played in Aswan or any other state.
“The match will go ahead without the presence of the fans whether it will go ahead in Aswan or any other place.
“We have an agreement with the Ministry of Interior that the whole season whether League or Cup will be played without fans.
“The Ministry of Interior have promised us that the fans will return to the stadiums starting from Egypt’s match against Tunisia on the second of August for the African Cup of Nations qualifiers,” he concluded.
Zamalek have made it to the Cup final for the second season in a row after narrowly beating Wadi Degla on penalties while Al Ahly take on Smouha later on Tuesday in a League final repeat to determine who will face Zamalek in the Cup Final.
Whites president Mortada Mansour had declared yesterday that the team will refuse to play in Aswan due to the elevated temperature after the team had made it to the final.