Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Egypt FA: Cup final to be played without fans
The Egyptian Football Association have confirmed that the Egypt Cup Final will be played in the absence of fans.
Speaking to Egyptian TV, an FA Spokesperson confirmed that the Cup Final – where there is a possibility of a clash between Al Ahly and Zamalek, will be played without the attendance of the fans whether it were to be played in Aswan or any other state.
“The match will go ahead without the presence of the fans whether it will go ahead in Aswan or any other place.
“We have an agreement with the Ministry of Interior that the whole season whether League or Cup will be played without fans.
“The Ministry of Interior have promised us that the fans will return to the stadiums starting from Egypt’s match against Tunisia on the second of August for the African Cup of Nations qualifiers,” he concluded.
Zamalek have made it to the Cup final for the second season in a row after narrowly beating Wadi Degla on penalties while Al Ahly take on Smouha later on Tuesday in a League final repeat to determine who will face Zamalek in the Cup Final.
Whites president Mortada Mansour had declared yesterday that the team will refuse to play in Aswan due to the elevated temperature after the team had made it to the final.