Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
Egypt FA: Cup final to be played without fans
The Egyptian Football Association have confirmed that the Egypt Cup Final will be played in the absence of fans.
Speaking to Egyptian TV, an FA Spokesperson confirmed that the Cup Final – where there is a possibility of a clash between Al Ahly and Zamalek, will be played without the attendance of the fans whether it were to be played in Aswan or any other state.
“The match will go ahead without the presence of the fans whether it will go ahead in Aswan or any other place.
“We have an agreement with the Ministry of Interior that the whole season whether League or Cup will be played without fans.
“The Ministry of Interior have promised us that the fans will return to the stadiums starting from Egypt’s match against Tunisia on the second of August for the African Cup of Nations qualifiers,” he concluded.
Zamalek have made it to the Cup final for the second season in a row after narrowly beating Wadi Degla on penalties while Al Ahly take on Smouha later on Tuesday in a League final repeat to determine who will face Zamalek in the Cup Final.
Whites president Mortada Mansour had declared yesterday that the team will refuse to play in Aswan due to the elevated temperature after the team had made it to the final.