Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Ahmed Fathi spotted in Arsenal training following return of Wenger
Egypt international right-back Ahmed Fathi was spotted training with Arsenal’s first team as he undergoes a trial following the return of manager Arsene Wenger.
The 29-year-old, who has been one of the best in his position in Africa for the past decade – mainly because of his stunning consistency with Al Ahly – has been pictured training with Arsenal by the club’s official photographer at London Colney following the return of manager Arsene Wenger from Brazil.
Wenger has been looking at many right-backs this summer, with Mathieu Debuchy tipped to replace Sagna, while Serge Aurier was also heavily linked.
According to reports, the Aurier deal took a last minute turn away from London towards Paris.
It should be noted the this wouldn’t be the first time Fathi, who is available on a free transfer, plays abroad in England if a deal was to go through, as he moved to Sheffield United on a 3-and-half year deal earlier in his career.
Fathi also had a previous trial at Arsenal in 2004 at the age of 20 but the club opted against signing the young Egyptian.