Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Ahmed Fathi spotted in Arsenal training following return of Wenger
Egypt international right-back Ahmed Fathi was spotted training with Arsenal’s first team as he undergoes a trial following the return of manager Arsene Wenger.
Al Ahly right-back Ahmed Fathi flew to London earlier this week for a trail with the Gunners, as reported by KingFut.com earlier this month.
The 29-year-old, who has been one of the best in his position in Africa for the past decade – mainly because of his stunning consistency with Al Ahly – has been pictured training with Arsenal by the club’s official photographer at London Colney following the return of manager Arsene Wenger from Brazil.
Wenger has been looking at many right-backs this summer, with Mathieu Debuchy tipped to replace Sagna, while Serge Aurier was also heavily linked.
According to reports, the Aurier deal took a last minute turn away from London towards Paris.
It should be noted the this wouldn’t be the first time Fathi, who is available on a free transfer, plays abroad in England if a deal was to go through, as he moved to Sheffield United on a 3-and-half year deal earlier in his career.
Fathi also had a previous trial at Arsenal in 2004 at the age of 20 but the club opted against signing the young Egyptian.