Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Ahmed Fathi spotted in Arsenal training following return of Wenger
Egypt international right-back Ahmed Fathi was spotted training with Arsenal’s first team as he undergoes a trial following the return of manager Arsene Wenger.
Al Ahly right-back Ahmed Fathi flew to London earlier this week for a trail with the Gunners, as reported by KingFut.com earlier this month.
The 29-year-old, who has been one of the best in his position in Africa for the past decade – mainly because of his stunning consistency with Al Ahly – has been pictured training with Arsenal by the club’s official photographer at London Colney following the return of manager Arsene Wenger from Brazil.
Wenger has been looking at many right-backs this summer, with Mathieu Debuchy tipped to replace Sagna, while Serge Aurier was also heavily linked.
According to reports, the Aurier deal took a last minute turn away from London towards Paris.
It should be noted the this wouldn’t be the first time Fathi, who is available on a free transfer, plays abroad in England if a deal was to go through, as he moved to Sheffield United on a 3-and-half year deal earlier in his career.
Fathi also had a previous trial at Arsenal in 2004 at the age of 20 but the club opted against signing the young Egyptian.
The right-footed Egyptian played alongside fellow countryman Ahmed Elmohamady and ‘Gedo’ at Hull City for six months during the 2012/2013 season, but but barely got any playing time.