Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
OFFICIAL: Demba Ba signs for Beşiktaş
Both clubs reportedly agreed a fee in the region of £8 million, after negotiations resulted in the Londoners accepting £2 million less than their initial asking price.
The 29-year old joined Chelsea in January 2013, after a successful spell at Newcastle United which saw him net 29 goals in 58 appearances.
After joining Chelsea, Ba failed to reproduce the form he showed at Newcastle and West Ham United – for whom he scored 7 goals in twelve appearances during the second half of the 2010/11 season, and Chelsea resorted to signing Samuel Eto’o in order to create competition up front for Ba, along with Torres.
The former Hoffenheim striker has now all but completed his switch to the 2008/09 Turkish Süper Lig champions, with the deal expected to be officially announced by both clubs.
Ba was always going to find it difficult to compete for a place in Jose Mourinho’s starting XI, especially after Diego Costa signed for the Blues coming from Atletico Madrid earlier this month in a deal worth £32 million.
Demba Ba will also be one of the players in contention for the Senegal squad that will kick off their 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifying campaign against Egypt in Senegal, during the first week of September.