Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Mido: I don’t want El-Hadary at Zamalek
Mido, who recently guided Zamalek to Egypt Cup final on the expense of El-Hadary’s Wadi Degla, has asked Mortada Mansour not to sign ex-Al Ahly and Zamalek goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary, even though Mido has taken the decision of releasing club captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed.
Speaking to a local radio station, Mido said: “I have informed Zamalek’s board that I don’t want El-Hadary to be a part of my squad next season.”
“El-Hadary is one of Egypt’s finest goalkeepers throughout history, but signing him wouldn’t match the transfer target criteria I’ve set, as well as my belief in the abilities of Mohamed Abou-Gabal and Mahmoud Genesh” he added.
On the other hand, Wadi Degla have secured the signing of Smouha’s goalkeeper Amir Abdelhamid, which paves the way for the departure of 41-year-old Essam El-Hadary – who signed a two-year contract extension in May.
It’s well worth mentioning that this will not be the first time Mortada Mansour attempts to sign a player without the agreement of Mido, having secured the signature of Ayman Hefny without Mido’s consent.