Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
CAF Disciplinary Board sanction three Zamalek players
The CAF Disciplinary Board have decided to ban three Zamalek players involved in the scuffles witnessed after the final whistle in the game against TP Mazembe in the CAF Champions League encounter on the 8th June, 2014.
The game which ended 1-0 in Les Corbeaux‘s favour saw assaults from some of the Zamalek players on referee Joseph Lamptey after the final whistle.
The board have also decided to fine the aforementioned players; Mauritanian striker Da Silva will pay $5000 while the Egyptian duo will part with $3000 each.
The White Knights will now have to make do without them in the upcoming game against Mazembe in late July as they resume their fight for a semi final spot.
It is worth noting that following Abdel-Wahed’s exclusion by Mido and Gennesh’s ban, Zamalek are left with only one goalkeeper against TP Mazembe, Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
The Whites are bottom of their group in the CAF Champions League with three points from three games.