Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
CAF Disciplinary Board sanction three Zamalek players
The CAF Disciplinary Board have decided to ban three Zamalek players involved in the scuffles witnessed after the final whistle in the game against TP Mazembe in the CAF Champions League encounter on the 8th June, 2014.
The game which ended 1-0 in Les Corbeaux‘s favour saw assaults from some of the Zamalek players on referee Joseph Lamptey after the final whistle.
The board have also decided to fine the aforementioned players; Mauritanian striker Da Silva will pay $5000 while the Egyptian duo will part with $3000 each.
The White Knights will now have to make do without them in the upcoming game against Mazembe in late July as they resume their fight for a semi final spot.
It is worth noting that following Abdel-Wahed’s exclusion by Mido and Gennesh’s ban, Zamalek are left with only one goalkeeper against TP Mazembe, Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
The Whites are bottom of their group in the CAF Champions League with three points from three games.