Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
VIDEO: Salah features as Chelsea cruise past Wycombe in pre-season friendly
Chelsea hit five past Wycombe Wanderers on Wednesday night in a quite straightforward beginning to their pre-season campaign.
Jose Mourinho opted to put Egyptian international Mohamed Salah on the bench alongside other first team regulars and played a very youthful Chelsea side against Wycombe Wanderers on Wednesday night.
As you’d expect the encounter, Chelsea’s first of pre-season, got off to a lethargic start. Marco van Ginkel, who is now fully fit following last season’s anterior cruciate ligament injury, looked impressive in central midfield alongside Oriol Romeu during the opening exchanges.
The opening arrived in the 20th minute and it lead to Chelsea taking the lead when Nathan Ake’s strong run and cross down the left resulted in Patrick Bamford sweeping home from 12 yards.
Mourinho made a raft of changes at half-time; senior players John Terry, Nemanja Matic, Branislav Ivanovic and Mohamed Salah all came on, but it was Chelsea’s young guns who combined again to give the West Londoners a two goal advantage three minutes after the restart. Matic found Jay Da Silva down the left and the youngster located Izzy Brown who slotted past Matt Ingram from close range to double Chelsea’s lead.
Three minutes later Chelsea were further goals ahead, this time with skipper Terry taking advantage of some slack Wycombe marking to slot home Jeremie Boga’s corner.
Serbian international Ivanovic then made it four, rising above everyone to nod the impressive Boga’s free-kick past Ingram, before Brown curled home brilliantly from 20 yards to make it 5-0.
Mohamed Salah did show glimpses of quality down the right, forcing Matt Ingram into a save before his direct involvement in the fifth goal, but it wasn’t to be for Salah, who will look to make a bigger impact against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday.