Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Kahraba’s Grasshoppers face Lille in UEFA Champions League
Young Egyptian forward Mahmoud Kahraba could make his Grasshopper Zurich debut against French side Lille, as the two sides were drawn together in the third qualifying round of the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League.
Following the draw for the preliminary stages of the UEFA Champions League that was conducted in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday, the Swiss side are set to face Lille on July 29/30 in the first match of their journey to qualify for the Champions League group stages.
Kahraba now has a great opportunity to prove himself to his coach and gain his team-mates’ trust on the pitch as he may very well be handed his official debut against the talented Ligue 1 side, who boast the likes of Nigeria’s Vincent Enyeama and Ivory Coast’s Salomon Kalou among their ranks.
The winner over the two legs will qualify to the definitive round that will lead to the Champions League group stages.