Desire Oparonozie’s late goal was enough to see the Super Falcons through...
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
Shikabala wins first trophy with Sporting Lisbon to help smash live view record
Although the trophy was only awarded following a one-match friendly that Sporting Lisbon won 2-1 against Azores XI, Shikabala’s performance – which included a skilful goal – would surly increase both the players’ and manager’s faith in his abilities, as well as the squad’s morale going into the new season.
The game was incredibly the most watched friendly in Sporting history, as 150,000 viewers around the world tuned in to watch it on the club’s official website.
This could be very much due to the number of Egyptians who are following the former Zamalek star’s progress in Portugal, as it has often been the case when any known Egyptian player travels to play abroad.
Egyptian fans ‘invaded’ Sporting Lisbon’s Facebook page, which now has over 1.4 million Likes, almost double the amount since the club first signed the Egyptian last January – a similar result to when Chelsea signed Mohamed Salah.
It should be noted that 28-year-old Shikabala has been included in the manager’s 27-man preliminary squad ahead of the new season.