Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Shikabala wins first trophy with Sporting Lisbon to help smash live view record
Although the trophy was only awarded following a one-match friendly that Sporting Lisbon won 2-1 against Azores XI, Shikabala’s performance – which included a skilful goal – would surly increase both the players’ and manager’s faith in his abilities, as well as the squad’s morale going into the new season.
The game was incredibly the most watched friendly in Sporting history, as 150,000 viewers around the world tuned in to watch it on the club’s official website.
This could be very much due to the number of Egyptians who are following the former Zamalek star’s progress in Portugal, as it has often been the case when any known Egyptian player travels to play abroad.
Egyptian fans ‘invaded’ Sporting Lisbon’s Facebook page, which now has over 1.4 million Likes, almost double the amount since the club first signed the Egyptian last January – a similar result to when Chelsea signed Mohamed Salah.
It should be noted that 28-year-old Shikabala has been included in the manager’s 27-man preliminary squad ahead of the new season.