Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
Shikabala wins first trophy with Sporting Lisbon to help smash live view record
Although the trophy was only awarded following a one-match friendly that Sporting Lisbon won 2-1 against Azores XI, Shikabala’s performance – which included a skilful goal – would surly increase both the players’ and manager’s faith in his abilities, as well as the squad’s morale going into the new season.
The game was incredibly the most watched friendly in Sporting history, as 150,000 viewers around the world tuned in to watch it on the club’s official website.
This could be very much due to the number of Egyptians who are following the former Zamalek star’s progress in Portugal, as it has often been the case when any known Egyptian player travels to play abroad.
Egyptian fans ‘invaded’ Sporting Lisbon’s Facebook page, which now has over 1.4 million Likes, almost double the amount since the club first signed the Egyptian last January – a similar result to when Chelsea signed Mohamed Salah.
It should be noted that 28-year-old Shikabala has been included in the manager’s 27-man preliminary squad ahead of the new season.