Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Shikabala wins first trophy with Sporting Lisbon to help smash live view record
Although the trophy was only awarded following a one-match friendly that Sporting Lisbon won 2-1 against Azores XI, Shikabala’s performance – which included a skilful goal – would surly increase both the players’ and manager’s faith in his abilities, as well as the squad’s morale going into the new season.
The game was incredibly the most watched friendly in Sporting history, as 150,000 viewers around the world tuned in to watch it on the club’s official website.
This could be very much due to the number of Egyptians who are following the former Zamalek star’s progress in Portugal, as it has often been the case when any known Egyptian player travels to play abroad.
Egyptian fans ‘invaded’ Sporting Lisbon’s Facebook page, which now has over 1.4 million Likes, almost double the amount since the club first signed the Egyptian last January – a similar result to when Chelsea signed Mohamed Salah.
It should be noted that 28-year-old Shikabala has been included in the manager’s 27-man preliminary squad ahead of the new season.