Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Smouha bus attacked en route to Cup final by suspected Zamalek fans
In some unfortunate events ahead of the Egyptian Cup final, a group of men clad in Zamalek shirts attacked the Smouha team bus on its way to the Air Defense Stadium, where the match was set to take place.
It is believed that the attackers are fans of Zamalek who are facing Smouha in the 2014 Egypt Cup final after winning 5-4 on penalties against Wadi Degla in the semi-finals.
Smouha chairman Farag Amer told Abu Dhabi Sports TV channel as quoted by Al Ahram: “What happened on the part of those Zamalek fans for sure will have no impact on the team’s concentration today.”
“Any team targeting a championship should not be concerned much by such incidents.
“I’m proud of my players for all what they have achieved and today is their chance to bring glory,” he concluded.
The bus suffered minor damages while Smouha players Hassan Gomaa and Ahmed Said “Okka” were reportedly slightly injured in the attack.