Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Smouha bus attacked en route to Cup final by suspected Zamalek fans
The Smouha team bus was attacked by a group of men who are suspected to be fans of Zamalek prior to the Egypt Cup final on Saturday.
In some unfortunate events ahead of the Egyptian Cup final, a group of men clad in Zamalek shirts attacked the Smouha team bus on its way to the Air Defense Stadium, where the match was set to take place.
Smouha chairman Farag Amer told Abu Dhabi Sports TV channel as quoted by Al Ahram: “What happened on the part of those Zamalek fans for sure will have no impact on the team’s concentration today.”
“Any team targeting a championship should not be concerned much by such incidents.
“I’m proud of my players for all what they have achieved and today is their chance to bring glory,” he concluded.
The bus suffered minor damages while Smouha players Hassan Gomaa and Ahmed Said “Okka” were reportedly slightly injured in the attack.