Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Smouha bus attacked en route to Cup final by suspected Zamalek fans
The Smouha team bus was attacked by a group of men who are suspected to be fans of Zamalek prior to the Egypt Cup final on Saturday.
In some unfortunate events ahead of the Egyptian Cup final, a group of men clad in Zamalek shirts attacked the Smouha team bus on its way to the Air Defense Stadium, where the match was set to take place.
Smouha chairman Farag Amer told Abu Dhabi Sports TV channel as quoted by Al Ahram: “What happened on the part of those Zamalek fans for sure will have no impact on the team’s concentration today.”
“Any team targeting a championship should not be concerned much by such incidents.
“I’m proud of my players for all what they have achieved and today is their chance to bring glory,” he concluded.
The bus suffered minor damages while Smouha players Hassan Gomaa and Ahmed Said “Okka” were reportedly slightly injured in the attack.