Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Smouha bus attacked en route to Cup final by suspected Zamalek fans
The Smouha team bus was attacked by a group of men who are suspected to be fans of Zamalek prior to the Egypt Cup final on Saturday.
In some unfortunate events ahead of the Egyptian Cup final, a group of men clad in Zamalek shirts attacked the Smouha team bus on its way to the Air Defense Stadium, where the match was set to take place.
It is believed that the attackers are fans of Zamalek who are facing Smouha in the 2014 Egypt Cup final after winning 5-4 on penalties against Wadi Degla in the semi-finals.
Smouha chairman Farag Amer told Abu Dhabi Sports TV channel as quoted by Al Ahram: “What happened on the part of those Zamalek fans for sure will have no impact on the team’s concentration today.”
“Any team targeting a championship should not be concerned much by such incidents.
“I’m proud of my players for all what they have achieved and today is their chance to bring glory,” he concluded.
The bus suffered minor damages while Smouha players Hassan Gomaa and Ahmed Said “Okka” were reportedly slightly injured in the attack.