Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Al Ahly release Shehab, Shedid, Hamdy, Raouf and Manga
Al Ahly have announced that five players have been released for the upcoming 2014/2015 season.
Newly appointed Spanish coach Juan Carlos Garrido sat down with general supervisor Alaa Abdel-Sadek and decided that El-Sayed Hamdy, Ahmed Raouf, Shehab El-Din Ahmed, Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’, and Ahmed Shedid Kenawy will no longer don the red shirt next season.
Hamdy, who moved to the Red Castle in 2011, played a major part in the Red Devils’ 2012 CAF Champions League but has been the subject of scathing criticism of late and did not feature in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Raouf, who was signed last December, did not live up to expectations either, managing to score only three goals in the 2013/2014 season including a decisive goal against Difaa El Jadida in the CAF Confederation Cup and a goal against Petrojet in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Shedid and Shehab have all been on the peripherals of late, whilst Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’ played a sizeable role in Al Ahly’s compact defence under Fathi Mabrouk.