Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Al Ahly release Shehab, Shedid, Hamdy, Raouf and Manga
Al Ahly have announced that five players have been released for the upcoming 2014/2015 season.
Newly appointed Spanish coach Juan Carlos Garrido sat down with general supervisor Alaa Abdel-Sadek and decided that El-Sayed Hamdy, Ahmed Raouf, Shehab El-Din Ahmed, Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’, and Ahmed Shedid Kenawy will no longer don the red shirt next season.
Hamdy, who moved to the Red Castle in 2011, played a major part in the Red Devils’ 2012 CAF Champions League but has been the subject of scathing criticism of late and did not feature in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Raouf, who was signed last December, did not live up to expectations either, managing to score only three goals in the 2013/2014 season including a decisive goal against Difaa El Jadida in the CAF Confederation Cup and a goal against Petrojet in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Shedid and Shehab have all been on the peripherals of late, whilst Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’ played a sizeable role in Al Ahly’s compact defence under Fathi Mabrouk.