Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Al Ahly release Shehab, Shedid, Hamdy, Raouf and Manga
Al Ahly have announced that five players have been released for the upcoming 2014/2015 season.
Newly appointed Spanish coach Juan Carlos Garrido sat down with general supervisor Alaa Abdel-Sadek and decided that El-Sayed Hamdy, Ahmed Raouf, Shehab El-Din Ahmed, Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’, and Ahmed Shedid Kenawy will no longer don the red shirt next season.
Hamdy, who moved to the Red Castle in 2011, played a major part in the Red Devils’ 2012 CAF Champions League but has been the subject of scathing criticism of late and did not feature in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Raouf, who was signed last December, did not live up to expectations either, managing to score only three goals in the 2013/2014 season including a decisive goal against Difaa El Jadida in the CAF Confederation Cup and a goal against Petrojet in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Shedid and Shehab have all been on the peripherals of late, whilst Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’ played a sizeable role in Al Ahly’s compact defence under Fathi Mabrouk.