History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Al Ahly release Shehab, Shedid, Hamdy, Raouf and Manga
Al Ahly have announced that five players have been released for the upcoming 2014/2015 season.
Newly appointed Spanish coach Juan Carlos Garrido sat down with general supervisor Alaa Abdel-Sadek and decided that El-Sayed Hamdy, Ahmed Raouf, Shehab El-Din Ahmed, Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’, and Ahmed Shedid Kenawy will no longer don the red shirt next season.
Hamdy, who moved to the Red Castle in 2011, played a major part in the Red Devils’ 2012 CAF Champions League but has been the subject of scathing criticism of late and did not feature in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Raouf, who was signed last December, did not live up to expectations either, managing to score only three goals in the 2013/2014 season including a decisive goal against Difaa El Jadida in the CAF Confederation Cup and a goal against Petrojet in the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League.
Ahmed Shedid and Shehab have all been on the peripherals of late, whilst Ahmed Nabil ‘Manga’ played a sizeable role in Al Ahly’s compact defence under Fathi Mabrouk.