Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
Gomaa: I would like Rabia to commit to his contract
Gomaa’s words come after the club’s management refused an official €750,000 (7.5 million EGP) bid from Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon to acquire the young defender.
Speaking to Filgoal, Gomaa urged Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly, whilst also ensuring that talks are ongoing between the club and Sporting Lisbon.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” he said. “However, he [Rabia] has to realise that he has a contract with Al Ahly.
“The offer has to be both satisfying for him and for the club so we can accept it.”
“Negotiations are ongoing with the Sporting Lisbon officials, but if no agreement is reached I would like Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly”.
It is also worth noting that Al Ahly have made it clear that in order to sell Rabia, the Verde-e-Brancos have to pay €1.5 million (15 million EGP) in addition to a percentage of the money earned from the potential sale of the 21-year-old in the future.