Glen De Boeck has talked about his latest signing in summer transfer window Mahmoud...
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
Gomaa: I would like Rabia to commit to his contract
Gomaa’s words come after the club’s management refused an official €750,000 (7.5 million EGP) bid from Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon to acquire the young defender.
Speaking to Filgoal, Gomaa urged Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly, whilst also ensuring that talks are ongoing between the club and Sporting Lisbon.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” he said. “However, he [Rabia] has to realise that he has a contract with Al Ahly.
“The offer has to be both satisfying for him and for the club so we can accept it.”
“Negotiations are ongoing with the Sporting Lisbon officials, but if no agreement is reached I would like Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly”.
It is also worth noting that Al Ahly have made it clear that in order to sell Rabia, the Verde-e-Brancos have to pay €1.5 million (15 million EGP) in addition to a percentage of the money earned from the potential sale of the 21-year-old in the future.