Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Gomaa: I would like Rabia to commit to his contract
Gomaa’s words come after the club’s management refused an official €750,000 (7.5 million EGP) bid from Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon to acquire the young defender.
Speaking to Filgoal, Gomaa urged Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly, whilst also ensuring that talks are ongoing between the club and Sporting Lisbon.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” he said. “However, he [Rabia] has to realise that he has a contract with Al Ahly.
“The offer has to be both satisfying for him and for the club so we can accept it.”
“Negotiations are ongoing with the Sporting Lisbon officials, but if no agreement is reached I would like Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly”.
It is also worth noting that Al Ahly have made it clear that in order to sell Rabia, the Verde-e-Brancos have to pay €1.5 million (15 million EGP) in addition to a percentage of the money earned from the potential sale of the 21-year-old in the future.