Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and attacker Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Gomaa: I would like Rabia to commit to his contract
Gomaa’s words come after the club’s management refused an official €750,000 (7.5 million EGP) bid from Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon to acquire the young defender.
Speaking to Filgoal, Gomaa urged Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly, whilst also ensuring that talks are ongoing between the club and Sporting Lisbon.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” he said. “However, he [Rabia] has to realise that he has a contract with Al Ahly.
“The offer has to be both satisfying for him and for the club so we can accept it.”
“Negotiations are ongoing with the Sporting Lisbon officials, but if no agreement is reached I would like Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly”.
It is also worth noting that Al Ahly have made it clear that in order to sell Rabia, the Verde-e-Brancos have to pay €1.5 million (15 million EGP) in addition to a percentage of the money earned from the potential sale of the 21-year-old in the future.