Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Gomaa: I would like Rabia to commit to his contract
Gomaa’s words come after the club’s management refused an official €750,000 (7.5 million EGP) bid from Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon to acquire the young defender.
Speaking to Filgoal, Gomaa urged Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly, whilst also ensuring that talks are ongoing between the club and Sporting Lisbon.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” he said. “However, he [Rabia] has to realise that he has a contract with Al Ahly.
“The offer has to be both satisfying for him and for the club so we can accept it.”
“Negotiations are ongoing with the Sporting Lisbon officials, but if no agreement is reached I would like Rabia to commit to his contract with Al Ahly”.
It is also worth noting that Al Ahly have made it clear that in order to sell Rabia, the Verde-e-Brancos have to pay €1.5 million (15 million EGP) in addition to a percentage of the money earned from the potential sale of the 21-year-old in the future.