Egypt international Amr Warda assisted twice in his league debut with PAOK as...
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
Sedky launches scathing attack on officials
Smouha coach Hamada Sedky said that the refereeing decision won the Egypt Cup final for the White Knights.
Zamalek won the Egypt Cup on Saturday by beating the Blues 1-0 courtesy of Hazem Emam’s strike one minute from time.
Speaking in the post match press conference after the game, Sedky said that referee Gehad Greisha was the prime reason for his side’s loss.
“We lost the final because of the poor refereeing,” he said. “Gehad Greisha looked petrified.
“Greisha unjustly sent off Tarek Hamed, in addition to failing to show Ahmed Tawfik red.
“Greisha was the referee for Smouha-Zamalek in the final phase of the league, and his performance in the first game was also subpar.
“Referees treat Smouha as if we are a Division B team, nevertheless I’d like to thank my board and the players for what they’ve done”.