The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Sedky launches scathing attack on officials
Smouha coach Hamada Sedky said that the refereeing decision won the Egypt Cup final for the White Knights.
Zamalek won the Egypt Cup on Saturday by beating the Blues 1-0 courtesy of Hazem Emam’s strike one minute from time.
Speaking in the post match press conference after the game, Sedky said that referee Gehad Greisha was the prime reason for his side’s loss.
“We lost the final because of the poor refereeing,” he said. “Gehad Greisha looked petrified.
“Greisha unjustly sent off Tarek Hamed, in addition to failing to show Ahmed Tawfik red.
“Greisha was the referee for Smouha-Zamalek in the final phase of the league, and his performance in the first game was also subpar.
“Referees treat Smouha as if we are a Division B team, nevertheless I’d like to thank my board and the players for what they’ve done”.