Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Kahraba makes official debut in Grasshoppers loss, El-Nenny an unused sub
Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ made his official debut for Grasshopper Club Zurich as a late substitute in a 1-0 defeat to rivals FC Zurich, whilst fellow Egyptian El-Nenny was an unused sub for FC Basel.
The game kicked off lively with both teams being adventurous in their ventures forward. The first real chance of the game came for GCZ when Dabbur found himself one-on-one with FC Zurich keeper Da Costa but Dabbur’s shot went wide of the post.
FC Zurich’s first threat came through Chermiti, the Tunisian’s managed to beat the defenders in the air and play a header that rattled against the crossbar.
Chiumiento grabbed the winner for FC Zurich in the 59th minute with a neat finish from just outside of the box.
Kahraba made his official debut for Grasshoppers coming on for Michael Lang in the 83rd minute with the Egyptian not able to have much of impact on the game.
FC Zurich were more efficient at creating chances and could have won the game by a larger margin if they were better at converting their chances.
The other Pharaoh in Switzerland, Mohamed El-Nenny, watched FC Basel’s first league game of the season from the bench as the holding champions won thanks to goals courtesy of Naser Aliji and Breel Embolo.