Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Ahmed Elmohamady relishing Europa League adventure
The Tigers will likely face FK AS Trencin of Slovakia who take a commanding 4-0 lead going into their second-leg tie against FK Vojvodina of Serbia.
Pre-season is well underway with the annual fixture against North Ferriby playing out a 1-1 draw last night, whilst a second City team earned a 5-0 victory over Harrogate Town.
With competitive football on the horizon Elmohamady will look to draw on the European experience of manager Steve Bruce: “It will be the first time for lots of players here but we have a fantastic manager, who is experience in the Premier League and he will help us. He’s been in Europe before [as a player] and it’s a challenge we’re all looking forward to.”
The wing-back is, however, looking forward to the tests the season will provide: “It will be good for the players, the fans and the club. It will be harder because there is more games in the Europa League. That’s why we’ve been working so hard in pre-season to get fit to play all these games.”
Pressure has been put on Elmohamady with the captures of Tom Ince and Robert Snodgrass, both who are capable of playing in the wide areas.
Speaking about the transfer dealings he said: “Tom Ince and Snodgrass are two more fantastic signing and we’re looking to getting to know them. I’m sure they’ll bring a lot of good things.
“We were delighted to keep Jake [Livermore] here. He had a fantastic season last year and he is a great lad. We are always improving the team and adding experience.”