Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Ismaily to sign Kotoko striker Abdul-Aziz Yusif
Egyptian Premier League side Ismaily are set to sign forward Abdul-Aziz Yusif from Ghanaian side Asante Kotoko.
Asante Kotoko have confirmed the club allowed their striker to have this exercise with the Egyptian side but failed to reveal whether both clubs had agreed a deal or not.
Published by Ghana Soccer Net, Aziz told Metro FM in Kumasi before leaving for Egypt: “Yes, I am leaving Kotoko to Club Ismaily in Egypt.
“I am going for medicals, once I pass, I will join them [Ismaily].”
“Discussions over the duration of the contract and personal terms will be discussed when I get there.”
“I don’t want the Kotoko fans to be angry with my decision but rather to understand that in football, players have to take their chances as and when they come.”
The 22-year-old was instrumental in Asante Kotoko’s double last season, winning both the Ghanaian Premier League and the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history.
The former Real Tamale United striker joined Kotoko in January 2013 on a three-year deal.