Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Ismaily to sign Kotoko striker Abdul-Aziz Yusif
Egyptian Premier League side Ismaily are set to sign forward Abdul-Aziz Yusif from Ghanaian side Asante Kotoko.
The striker has left Ghana and will arrive in Egypt today (Tuesday) to go through all formalities including having his medical and contract talks as well.
Asante Kotoko have confirmed the club allowed their striker to have this exercise with the Egyptian side but failed to reveal whether both clubs had agreed a deal or not.
Published by Ghana Soccer Net, Aziz told Metro FM in Kumasi before leaving for Egypt: “Yes, I am leaving Kotoko to Club Ismaily in Egypt.
“I am going for medicals, once I pass, I will join them [Ismaily].”
“Discussions over the duration of the contract and personal terms will be discussed when I get there.”
“I don’t want the Kotoko fans to be angry with my decision but rather to understand that in football, players have to take their chances as and when they come.”
The 22-year-old was instrumental in Asante Kotoko’s double last season, winning both the Ghanaian Premier League and the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history.
The former Real Tamale United striker joined Kotoko in January 2013 on a three-year deal.