Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Shikabala refused to celebrate Sporting Lisbon tournament win
The Lisbon FA Honour Cup saw four of Lisbon’s biggest teams (Benfica, Sporting, Estoril and Belenenses) face off in a friendly tournament. Shikabala played no part in either the 1-2 victory in the semi-final against Belenenses nor the final, in which the Lions beat Benfica 1-0, staying in the bench for the entire tournament.
After Sporting’s win against rivals Benfica, Shikabala left the bench and went straight to the dressing room, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, clearly upset for not playing a part in the tournament.
As a result, Shika failed to receive his winners medal and enjoy the victory with his colleagues, and a section of fans in the stands, despite attempts from the staff to persuade the Egyptian.
Sporting will now depart for a training camp in the Netherlands, before travelling to Egypt, where they’ll face off against Ittihad oF Alexandria on the 4th of August, a game to celebrate the recently created link between the two clubs and the 100th anniversary of the Alexandria club.