Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Shikabala refused to celebrate Sporting Lisbon tournament win
The Lisbon FA Honour Cup saw four of Lisbon’s biggest teams (Benfica, Sporting, Estoril and Belenenses) face off in a friendly tournament. Shikabala played no part in either the 1-2 victory in the semi-final against Belenenses nor the final, in which the Lions beat Benfica 1-0, staying in the bench for the entire tournament.
After Sporting’s win against rivals Benfica, Shikabala left the bench and went straight to the dressing room, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, clearly upset for not playing a part in the tournament.
As a result, Shika failed to receive his winners medal and enjoy the victory with his colleagues, and a section of fans in the stands, despite attempts from the staff to persuade the Egyptian.
Sporting will now depart for a training camp in the Netherlands, before travelling to Egypt, where they’ll face off against Ittihad oF Alexandria on the 4th of August, a game to celebrate the recently created link between the two clubs and the 100th anniversary of the Alexandria club.