Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Shikabala refused to celebrate Sporting Lisbon tournament win
The Lisbon FA Honour Cup saw four of Lisbon’s biggest teams (Benfica, Sporting, Estoril and Belenenses) face off in a friendly tournament. Shikabala played no part in either the 1-2 victory in the semi-final against Belenenses nor the final, in which the Lions beat Benfica 1-0, staying in the bench for the entire tournament.
After Sporting’s win against rivals Benfica, Shikabala left the bench and went straight to the dressing room, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, clearly upset for not playing a part in the tournament.
As a result, Shika failed to receive his winners medal and enjoy the victory with his colleagues, and a section of fans in the stands, despite attempts from the staff to persuade the Egyptian.
Sporting will now depart for a training camp in the Netherlands, before travelling to Egypt, where they’ll face off against Ittihad oF Alexandria on the 4th of August, a game to celebrate the recently created link between the two clubs and the 100th anniversary of the Alexandria club.