Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Shikabala refused to celebrate Sporting Lisbon tournament win
The Lisbon FA Honour Cup saw four of Lisbon’s biggest teams (Benfica, Sporting, Estoril and Belenenses) face off in a friendly tournament. Shikabala played no part in either the 1-2 victory in the semi-final against Belenenses nor the final, in which the Lions beat Benfica 1-0, staying in the bench for the entire tournament.
After Sporting’s win against rivals Benfica, Shikabala left the bench and went straight to the dressing room, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, clearly upset for not playing a part in the tournament.
As a result, Shika failed to receive his winners medal and enjoy the victory with his colleagues, and a section of fans in the stands, despite attempts from the staff to persuade the Egyptian.
Sporting will now depart for a training camp in the Netherlands, before travelling to Egypt, where they’ll face off against Ittihad oF Alexandria on the 4th of August, a game to celebrate the recently created link between the two clubs and the 100th anniversary of the Alexandria club.