Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Shikabala refused to celebrate Sporting Lisbon tournament win
The Lisbon FA Honour Cup saw four of Lisbon’s biggest teams (Benfica, Sporting, Estoril and Belenenses) face off in a friendly tournament. Shikabala played no part in either the 1-2 victory in the semi-final against Belenenses nor the final, in which the Lions beat Benfica 1-0, staying in the bench for the entire tournament.
After Sporting’s win against rivals Benfica, Shikabala left the bench and went straight to the dressing room, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, clearly upset for not playing a part in the tournament.
As a result, Shika failed to receive his winners medal and enjoy the victory with his colleagues, and a section of fans in the stands, despite attempts from the staff to persuade the Egyptian.
Sporting will now depart for a training camp in the Netherlands, before travelling to Egypt, where they’ll face off against Ittihad oF Alexandria on the 4th of August, a game to celebrate the recently created link between the two clubs and the 100th anniversary of the Alexandria club.