Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Smouha set to sign Ghanaian striker Seidu Bancey
Egyptian side Smouha SC are on the verge of signing Asante Kotoko striker Seidu Bancey according to reports.
Unconfirmed reports in Ghana and Egypt suggest that there’s been an agreement between both clubs, and the striker has also completed his medical as well as agreed personal terms with the Alexandrian side.
The 24-year-old former Ebusua Dwarfs striker scored 11 goals in the 2013/14 Ghana Premier League emerging as the second top scorer and the club’s top scorer.
Bancey was of the Ghana CHAN squad that won silver in South Africa (2014) and was among the CAF Best XI after the tournament.
Smouha seem to have a strong connection with Ghanaian strikers since former Hearts Of Oak striker Samuel Afum – who spent almost 3 years with the Alexandrian side – was the club’s top scorer in 2012, before leaving to BSC Young Boys the following season.
The Egyptian Premier League and Egypt Cup runners-up signed Ghanaian forwards Ernest Papa Arko and Samuel Owusu last year, but the former was sold to Arab Contractors this summer while the latter has been released, along with fellow compatriot David Ofei.