Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Smouha set to sign Ghanaian striker Seidu Bancey
Egyptian side Smouha SC are on the verge of signing Asante Kotoko striker Seidu Bancey according to reports.
Unconfirmed reports in Ghana and Egypt suggest that there’s been an agreement between both clubs, and the striker has also completed his medical as well as agreed personal terms with the Alexandrian side.
The 24-year-old former Ebusua Dwarfs striker scored 11 goals in the 2013/14 Ghana Premier League emerging as the second top scorer and the club’s top scorer.
Bancey was of the Ghana CHAN squad that won silver in South Africa (2014) and was among the CAF Best XI after the tournament.
Smouha seem to have a strong connection with Ghanaian strikers since former Hearts Of Oak striker Samuel Afum – who spent almost 3 years with the Alexandrian side – was the club’s top scorer in 2012, before leaving to BSC Young Boys the following season.
The Egyptian Premier League and Egypt Cup runners-up signed Ghanaian forwards Ernest Papa Arko and Samuel Owusu last year, but the former was sold to Arab Contractors this summer while the latter has been released, along with fellow compatriot David Ofei.