Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Smouha set to sign Ghanaian striker Seidu Bancey
Egyptian side Smouha SC are on the verge of signing Asante Kotoko striker Seidu Bancey according to reports.
Unconfirmed reports in Ghana and Egypt suggest that there’s been an agreement between both clubs, and the striker has also completed his medical as well as agreed personal terms with the Alexandrian side.
The 24-year-old former Ebusua Dwarfs striker scored 11 goals in the 2013/14 Ghana Premier League emerging as the second top scorer and the club’s top scorer.
Bancey was of the Ghana CHAN squad that won silver in South Africa (2014) and was among the CAF Best XI after the tournament.
Smouha seem to have a strong connection with Ghanaian strikers since former Hearts Of Oak striker Samuel Afum – who spent almost 3 years with the Alexandrian side – was the club’s top scorer in 2012, before leaving to BSC Young Boys the following season.
The Egyptian Premier League and Egypt Cup runners-up signed Ghanaian forwards Ernest Papa Arko and Samuel Owusu last year, but the former was sold to Arab Contractors this summer while the latter has been released, along with fellow compatriot David Ofei.