Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed refuses director role with Zamalek
Former Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has rejected president Mortada Mansour’s offer to take over a directorial role at the club, insisting that he will continue playing for another two seasons.
Abdel-Wahed was released by Zamalek at the the request of coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, announcing that he will not don the White shirt in the 2014/2015 season.
Zamalek board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour stated that the club offered him a directorial role at the club, whilst also stressing that the club is open to the 37-year-old’s return at any time.
Speaking to Goal, Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed said that he wants to play at a club where he will feel much less pressure, also revealing that he will partake in the upcoming club elections in 2018.
It is also worth mentioning that this puts an end to Abdel-Wahed’s career at the White Castle, which dates back to 1997.