Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed refuses director role with Zamalek
Former Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has rejected president Mortada Mansour’s offer to take over a directorial role at the club, insisting that he will continue playing for another two seasons.
Abdel-Wahed was released by Zamalek at the the request of coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, announcing that he will not don the White shirt in the 2014/2015 season.
Zamalek board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour stated that the club offered him a directorial role at the club, whilst also stressing that the club is open to the 37-year-old’s return at any time.
Speaking to Goal, Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed said that he wants to play at a club where he will feel much less pressure, also revealing that he will partake in the upcoming club elections in 2018.
It is also worth mentioning that this puts an end to Abdel-Wahed’s career at the White Castle, which dates back to 1997.