After more than three years of absence, the Arab Champions League is...
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed refuses director role with Zamalek
Former Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has rejected president Mortada Mansour’s offer to take over a directorial role at the club, insisting that he will continue playing for another two seasons.
Abdel-Wahed was released by Zamalek at the the request of coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, announcing that he will not don the White shirt in the 2014/2015 season.
Zamalek board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour stated that the club offered him a directorial role at the club, whilst also stressing that the club is open to the 37-year-old’s return at any time.
Speaking to Goal, Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed said that he wants to play at a club where he will feel much less pressure, also revealing that he will partake in the upcoming club elections in 2018.
It is also worth mentioning that this puts an end to Abdel-Wahed’s career at the White Castle, which dates back to 1997.