Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed refuses director role with Zamalek
Former Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has rejected president Mortada Mansour’s offer to take over a directorial role at the club, insisting that he will continue playing for another two seasons.
Abdel-Wahed was released by Zamalek at the the request of coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, announcing that he will not don the White shirt in the 2014/2015 season.
Zamalek board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour stated that the club offered him a directorial role at the club, whilst also stressing that the club is open to the 37-year-old’s return at any time.
Speaking to Goal, Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed said that he wants to play at a club where he will feel much less pressure, also revealing that he will partake in the upcoming club elections in 2018.
It is also worth mentioning that this puts an end to Abdel-Wahed’s career at the White Castle, which dates back to 1997.