Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed refuses director role with Zamalek
Former Zamalek captain Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed has rejected president Mortada Mansour’s offer to take over a directorial role at the club, insisting that he will continue playing for another two seasons.
Abdel-Wahed was released by Zamalek at the the request of coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, announcing that he will not don the White shirt in the 2014/2015 season.
Zamalek board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour stated that the club offered him a directorial role at the club, whilst also stressing that the club is open to the 37-year-old’s return at any time.
Speaking to Goal, Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed said that he wants to play at a club where he will feel much less pressure, also revealing that he will partake in the upcoming club elections in 2018.
It is also worth mentioning that this puts an end to Abdel-Wahed’s career at the White Castle, which dates back to 1997.