Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Elmohamady features for 45 minutes in Hull friendly
The Tigers managed a 2-0 win over League Two outfit York City thanks to goals from Nigerian Sone Aluke and Ivorian Yannick Sagbo on Wednesday night.
Ahmed Elmohamady started at right-back and played the entire first half before Steve Bruce replaced the majority of his initial eleven at half-time.
In the eighth minute, he 26-year-old Elmohamady produced a cross into Robert Snodgrass, who tapped the ball into the back of the net; however, the goal was ruled out since Elmo had knocked the ball out of play as he produced the cross.
This wasn’t Elmo’s first pre-season friendly, having played a full 90 minutes earlier in the week.