Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
EXCLUSIVE: Egypt’s Rami Rabia signs for Sporting Lisbon
KingFut.com understands 21-year-old Egyptian centre-back Rami Rabia has agreed terms with Sporting Lisbon.
Sporting, who also have Egypt international Mahmoud ‘Shikabala’ Abdel-Razek among their ranks, have been chasing Rabia since May.
Rabia, who has two goals in eight caps for Egypt, is now set to join Sporting from Al Ahly after the club’s next match with Sewe Sport in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday.
The defender, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, will join the Lisbon-based club on what is expected to be a five-year deal.
Former Al Ahly captain Wael Gomaa, whose recently taken a new role as the club’s football director following his retirement, confirmed this week that negotiations were still ongoing with the Portuguese giants.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” Gomaa confirmed, before adding that the Ahly player should honour his contract until any potential deal is completed.
The transfer fee Al Ahly will receive for Rabia’s services is said to be around €750,000, half of the club’s valuation of the defender.