Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
EXCLUSIVE: Egypt’s Rami Rabia signs for Sporting Lisbon
KingFut.com understands 21-year-old Egyptian centre-back Rami Rabia has agreed terms with Sporting Lisbon.
Rabia, who has two goals in eight caps for Egypt, is now set to join Sporting from Al Ahly after the club’s next match with Sewe Sport in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday.
The defender, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, will join the Lisbon-based club on what is expected to be a five-year deal.
Former Al Ahly captain Wael Gomaa, whose recently taken a new role as the club’s football director following his retirement, confirmed this week that negotiations were still ongoing with the Portuguese giants.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” Gomaa confirmed, before adding that the Ahly player should honour his contract until any potential deal is completed.
The transfer fee Al Ahly will receive for Rabia’s services is said to be around €750,000, half of the club’s valuation of the defender.