Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
EXCLUSIVE: Egypt’s Rami Rabia signs for Sporting Lisbon
KingFut.com understands 21-year-old Egyptian centre-back Rami Rabia has agreed terms with Sporting Lisbon.
Sporting, who also have Egypt international Mahmoud ‘Shikabala’ Abdel-Razek among their ranks, have been chasing Rabia since May.
Rabia, who has two goals in eight caps for Egypt, is now set to join Sporting from Al Ahly after the club’s next match with Sewe Sport in the CAF Confederation Cup on Saturday.
The defender, who can also play as a defensive midfielder, will join the Lisbon-based club on what is expected to be a five-year deal.
Former Al Ahly captain Wael Gomaa, whose recently taken a new role as the club’s football director following his retirement, confirmed this week that negotiations were still ongoing with the Portuguese giants.
“We do not stand as an obstacle in the way of Rabia or any other player,” Gomaa confirmed, before adding that the Ahly player should honour his contract until any potential deal is completed.
The transfer fee Al Ahly will receive for Rabia’s services is said to be around €750,000, half of the club’s valuation of the defender.