Al Ahly reached the final of the African Volleyball Club Champions Championship...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
Gaafar signs for ENPPI despite contract renewal
The wantaway striker signed a new 3-year contract with the White Castle on Tuesday in spite of his fall-out with coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ during the 2013/2014 season.
Reports suggest that Gaafar had agreed to sign a new contract after coming to an agreement with the club to waive some of his outstanding wages on Monday.
Following an unusual turn of events however, Gaafar was released by Zamalek the following day and will now be joining ENPPI on a free transfer, signing a 4-year contract in the process.
It is also worth mentioning that Gaafar moved to Zamalek from Etisalat in July 2009, scoring 33 goals in 117 appearances for the Royals.