Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Porto sign Algeria’s Brahimi from Granada
Portuguese giants FC Porto sign Algerian attacking midfielder Yacine Brahimi for €6.5million from Spanish club Granada on a five-year deal.
Yacine Brahimi, one of Algeria’s main attacking players at the 2014 World Cup, has signed for Porto in a move that will see Granada CF receive a €6.5 million fee, with a buyout clause to be set at €50 million.
Brahimi spent two seasons at the La Liga club – the first of which was on loan from Rennes – and made 66 appearances.
The 24-year old had previously made only 24 appearances for Rennes over 3 years, but spent the 2009-10 season on loan at Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot.
Brahimi is not the first La Liga player to join Porto this summer, and the Algerian will meet up with former rivals Cristian Tello, Casemiro, Adrián López and Óliver Torres, who have all moved to the Portuguese giants in this transfer window.
However, competition for starting berths will be fierce; Carlos Eduardo, Evandro, Josué Pesqueira, and Juan Quintero all play in attacking midfield, as does Brahimi.
Porto are set to play against Saint-Étienne on the 27th of July, followed by matches against Everton and West Brom – on the 3rd and 9th of August, respectively – as they finish up their pre-season friendlies schedule.
The Dragons will then kick off their 2014/15 Primeira Liga campaign against Marítimo on the 17th.