Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Porto sign Algeria’s Brahimi from Granada
Portuguese giants FC Porto sign Algerian attacking midfielder Yacine Brahimi for €6.5million from Spanish club Granada on a five-year deal.
Yacine Brahimi, one of Algeria’s main attacking players at the 2014 World Cup, has signed for Porto in a move that will see Granada CF receive a €6.5 million fee, with a buyout clause to be set at €50 million.
Brahimi spent two seasons at the La Liga club – the first of which was on loan from Rennes – and made 66 appearances.
The 24-year old had previously made only 24 appearances for Rennes over 3 years, but spent the 2009-10 season on loan at Ligue 2 side Clermont Foot.
Brahimi is not the first La Liga player to join Porto this summer, and the Algerian will meet up with former rivals Cristian Tello, Casemiro, Adrián López and Óliver Torres, who have all moved to the Portuguese giants in this transfer window.
However, competition for starting berths will be fierce; Carlos Eduardo, Evandro, Josué Pesqueira, and Juan Quintero all play in attacking midfield, as does Brahimi.
Porto are set to play against Saint-Étienne on the 27th of July, followed by matches against Everton and West Brom – on the 3rd and 9th of August, respectively – as they finish up their pre-season friendlies schedule.
The Dragons will then kick off their 2014/15 Primeira Liga campaign against Marítimo on the 17th.