Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Salah’s Chelsea spared blushes by late Boga strike in Austria friendly
Chelsea kicked off their European pre-season tour with a timid 1-1 draw with Austrian side RZ Pellets, as Jeremie Boga saved the Blues’ blushes with the equaliser 6 minutes from time.
Chelsea were frustrated by their opponents in a lacklustre first half with few chances for either side. Mohamed Salah, who was playing in his new number 17 jersey, provided a wonderful through pass to Bamford who failed to capitalise.
Things got worse for Mourinho when Pellets took the lead in the second in controversial fashion.
Silvio de Oliviera effort struck the bar before hitting Cech but was ruled to have crossed the line after protests from the Austrians.
Chelsea nearly fell two behind but had Cech to thank after he made a good reaction save to tip a close-range effort from De Oliviera over the bar.
Mourinho moved Ivanovic up front during Chelsea’s 3-2 win over AFC Wimbledon on the weekend and he resorted to the same tactic against Pellets, with the Serbian defender moving forward with just over 10 minutes to go.
Chelsea eventually did equalise through 17-year-old French starlet Jeremie Boga, who finished nicely into the bottom left hand corner after a brilliant run.
Boga nearly scored a second soon after but saw his free-kick skim off the top of the wall and go over for a corner.
Salah played 85 minutes and was taken off late in the second half after a disappointing performance. Salah had a couple of opportunities, a tame shot was easily saved by the RZ Pellets keeper.
Later on in the second half he had a penalty shout waved on after Salah went down on the edge of the penalty area.
It’s well worth mentioning that Salah was playing while fasting, which had had an effect on his performance.
Chelsea will now head to Slovenia for the second match of their European tour against NK Olimpija Ljubljana.