Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Official: Al Masry sign Wilson Akakpo, Ahmed Raouf, Smouha trio
The 22-year-old rock-solid defender Wilson Akakpo has put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal from Ghanaian Premier League side Berekum Chelsea and will stay with the Port Said club until the end of the 2016/17 season.
Akakpo joined Berekum Chelsea from second tier side Hot Steel FC and has been with the Berekum-based side for the past two seasons.
The versatile player can feature in a defensive midfield role as well as marshal the central midfield, which indicates he could be a replacement for Hossam Hassan, who recently completed his move to Gil Vicente in Portugal.
Being part of the 2014 Ghana CHAN squad, he was dropped prior to the main tournament in South Africa after he failed to make the final cut.
31-year-old Al Ahly striker Ahmed Raouf, who was released by the Red Devils earlier this week, has signed a two-year deal with Al Masry on Thursday.
The former ENPPI hitman, who joined Al Ahly on a three-and-a-half year deal last December, only managed to score three goals during the 2013/2014 season, including the decisive goal against Difaa El Jadida in the CAF Confederation Cup.
The club have also announced the signings of Smouha trio Hamada Yehia (striker), Mohamed Al-Arabi (goalkeeper) – following Ahmed El-Shennawy’s departure to Zamalek – and midfielder Abdallah Shahat.
29-year-old Hamada Yehia, one of Smouha’s top scorers over the past two seasons with 10 goals in 28 appearances, signs for three years on a free transfer.
The Green Eagles have recently appointed the highly-rated Tarek Yehia as manager, who previously coached the likes of Misr El-Maqassa and Hajer in Saudi Arabia.
Al Masry have already acquired the services of 22-year-old forward Ahmed Yasser from Lierse – following his loan spell with Wadi Degla – Ahmed Gomaa (Mansoura), Fathi Abdel-Ghalil (Dakhleya), ‘Mando’ (Ghazl El-Mahalla), Mohamed Adel (Arab Contractors), Mohamed Ashraf (Petrojet) and Sameh Shousha (Beni Suef Telephones) this off-season.