Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Official: Al Masry sign Wilson Akakpo, Ahmed Raouf, Smouha trio
The 22-year-old rock-solid defender Wilson Akakpo has put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal from Ghanaian Premier League side Berekum Chelsea and will stay with the Port Said club until the end of the 2016/17 season.
Akakpo joined Berekum Chelsea from second tier side Hot Steel FC and has been with the Berekum-based side for the past two seasons.
The versatile player can feature in a defensive midfield role as well as marshal the central midfield, which indicates he could be a replacement for Hossam Hassan, who recently completed his move to Gil Vicente in Portugal.
Being part of the 2014 Ghana CHAN squad, he was dropped prior to the main tournament in South Africa after he failed to make the final cut.
31-year-old Al Ahly striker Ahmed Raouf, who was released by the Red Devils earlier this week, has signed a two-year deal with Al Masry on Thursday.
The former ENPPI hitman, who joined Al Ahly on a three-and-a-half year deal last December, only managed to score three goals during the 2013/2014 season, including the decisive goal against Difaa El Jadida in the CAF Confederation Cup.
The club have also announced the signings of Smouha trio Hamada Yehia (striker), Mohamed Al-Arabi (goalkeeper) – following Ahmed El-Shennawy’s departure to Zamalek – and midfielder Abdallah Shahat.
29-year-old Hamada Yehia, one of Smouha’s top scorers over the past two seasons with 10 goals in 28 appearances, signs for three years on a free transfer.
The Green Eagles have recently appointed the highly-rated Tarek Yehia as manager, who previously coached the likes of Misr El-Maqassa and Hajer in Saudi Arabia.
Al Masry have already acquired the services of 22-year-old forward Ahmed Yasser from Lierse – following his loan spell with Wadi Degla – Ahmed Gomaa (Mansoura), Fathi Abdel-Ghalil (Dakhleya), ‘Mando’ (Ghazl El-Mahalla), Mohamed Adel (Arab Contractors), Mohamed Ashraf (Petrojet) and Sameh Shousha (Beni Suef Telephones) this off-season.