Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Ahmed Hassan rejects Ismaily coaching offer
Egyptian legend Ahmed Hassan has revealed that he rejected an offer from Ismaily to be the assistant coach at the club, saying that his director role with the national team remains his only focus.
Speaking to Ahmed Shobeir in his daily show ‘Shobeir wel Negoom‘, Hassan revealed that Ismaily club president Mr. Mahmoud Abou El-Soud offered him to become Heron Ricardo Ferreira’s assistant coach at the Dervishes.
“I’m honoured to receive such an offer,” Hassan said. “However, I’m fully focused with the national team.”
The former Besiktas and Anderlecht man continued his words by dismissing rumours that there are differences between him and national team coach Shawky Gharib.
“There aren’t any differences,” he said. “The rumours are false.”
“The new signings will definitely improve the side,” he said. “However, I have to say that it is a public display of power from the board.
“The countless players who have left didn’t deserve to leave in such a manner.”
It is also worth mentioning that the world’s most capped international player donned the famous yellow shirt of Ismaily in the 1997/1998 season before heading off to Turkish club Kocaelispor.