Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Ahmed Hassan rejects Ismaily coaching offer
Egyptian legend Ahmed Hassan has revealed that he rejected an offer from Ismaily to be the assistant coach at the club, saying that his director role with the national team remains his only focus.
Speaking to Ahmed Shobeir in his daily show ‘Shobeir wel Negoom‘, Hassan revealed that Ismaily club president Mr. Mahmoud Abou El-Soud offered him to become Heron Ricardo Ferreira’s assistant coach at the Dervishes.
“I’m honoured to receive such an offer,” Hassan said. “However, I’m fully focused with the national team.”
The former Besiktas and Anderlecht man continued his words by dismissing rumours that there are differences between him and national team coach Shawky Gharib.
“There aren’t any differences,” he said. “The rumours are false.”
Hassan then went on to describe Zamalek’s new signings as ‘a public display of power’ from the board led by chairman Mortada Mansour.
“The new signings will definitely improve the side,” he said. “However, I have to say that it is a public display of power from the board.
“The countless players who have left didn’t deserve to leave in such a manner.”
It is also worth mentioning that the world’s most capped international player donned the famous yellow shirt of Ismaily in the 1997/1998 season before heading off to Turkish club Kocaelispor.