Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Ahmed Hassan rejects Ismaily coaching offer
Egyptian legend Ahmed Hassan has revealed that he rejected an offer from Ismaily to be the assistant coach at the club, saying that his director role with the national team remains his only focus.
Speaking to Ahmed Shobeir in his daily show ‘Shobeir wel Negoom‘, Hassan revealed that Ismaily club president Mr. Mahmoud Abou El-Soud offered him to become Heron Ricardo Ferreira’s assistant coach at the Dervishes.
“I’m honoured to receive such an offer,” Hassan said. “However, I’m fully focused with the national team.”
The former Besiktas and Anderlecht man continued his words by dismissing rumours that there are differences between him and national team coach Shawky Gharib.
“There aren’t any differences,” he said. “The rumours are false.”
“The new signings will definitely improve the side,” he said. “However, I have to say that it is a public display of power from the board.
“The countless players who have left didn’t deserve to leave in such a manner.”
It is also worth mentioning that the world’s most capped international player donned the famous yellow shirt of Ismaily in the 1997/1998 season before heading off to Turkish club Kocaelispor.