Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
All four Egyptians play as Nacional draw with Atletico CP
Nacional earned a draw against Atletico CP on Thursday afternoon, in a friendly match that featured four Egyptians – debuts for Mahmoud Ezzat and Ali Fathy, as well as cameos from Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa.
22-year-old Ezzat started in the heart of the defense and played a solid game. Throughout the second half, Nacional manager Manuel Machado continued to make changes. Fathy featured as a second half substitute, getting his first taste of European football.
Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa, the other two Egyptians in Nacional’s ranks, also came on in the second half.
It should be noted that the players’ numbers were revealed prior to this game. Ali Fathy took the number 88, Mahmoud Ezzat took number 4, Aly Ghazal retained his number 66 while Saleh Gomaa took responsibility with the legendary number 10 jersey – possibly hinting at a more advanced role ahead of his first full season with the club, after extending his loan last year.