An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
All four Egyptians play as Nacional draw with Atletico CP
Nacional earned a draw against Atletico CP on Thursday afternoon, in a friendly match that featured four Egyptians – debuts for Mahmoud Ezzat and Ali Fathy, as well as cameos from Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa.
22-year-old Ezzat started in the heart of the defense and played a solid game. Throughout the second half, Nacional manager Manuel Machado continued to make changes. Fathy featured as a second half substitute, getting his first taste of European football.
Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa, the other two Egyptians in Nacional’s ranks, also came on in the second half.
It should be noted that the players’ numbers were revealed prior to this game. Ali Fathy took the number 88, Mahmoud Ezzat took number 4, Aly Ghazal retained his number 66 while Saleh Gomaa took responsibility with the legendary number 10 jersey – possibly hinting at a more advanced role ahead of his first full season with the club, after extending his loan last year.