Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
All four Egyptians play as Nacional draw with Atletico CP
Nacional earned a draw against Atletico CP on Thursday afternoon, in a friendly match that featured four Egyptians – debuts for Mahmoud Ezzat and Ali Fathy, as well as cameos from Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa.
22-year-old Ezzat started in the heart of the defense and played a solid game. Throughout the second half, Nacional manager Manuel Machado continued to make changes. Fathy featured as a second half substitute, getting his first taste of European football.
Aly Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa, the other two Egyptians in Nacional’s ranks, also came on in the second half.
It should be noted that the players’ numbers were revealed prior to this game. Ali Fathy took the number 88, Mahmoud Ezzat took number 4, Aly Ghazal retained his number 66 while Saleh Gomaa took responsibility with the legendary number 10 jersey – possibly hinting at a more advanced role ahead of his first full season with the club, after extending his loan last year.