Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
Official: Didier Drogba returns to Chelsea
Chelsea and Ivory Coast legend Didier Drogba has finalised a one year contract that will see him return to the Stamford Bridge for a second stint.
Dider Drogba returns after two years that have seen him feature for Shanghai Shenhua and Galatasaray in China and Turkey respectively.
Drogba left on a high after scoring the Champions League winning penalty against Bayern Munich in 2012 following a very successful 8 year stay in West London. He won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups, and the Champions League title.
The Ivorian is still the club’s all time goal scorer in European competition with 34 strikes, and 9 goals in 9 cup finals for the London-based club.
Upon his move, the striker stated: “It was an easy decision – I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to work with Jose [Mourinho] again. Everyone knows the special relation I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me.”
“My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team. I am excited for this next chapter in my career,” he added.
After the Blues secured Drogba’s signature, Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho said, “He’s coming because he’s one of the best strikers in Europe. I know his personality very well and I know if he comes back he’s not protected by history or what he’s done for the club previously. He is coming with the mentality to make more history.”
It’s well worth mentioning that Drogba will probably take the vacant number 15 jersey, after Mohamed Salah decided to change to the number 17 jersey.
Drogba becomes Chelsea’s fourth acquisition of the summer as they build up for the upcoming 14/15 campaign.