Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Official: Didier Drogba returns to Chelsea
Chelsea and Ivory Coast legend Didier Drogba has finalised a one year contract that will see him return to the Stamford Bridge for a second stint.
Dider Drogba returns after two years that have seen him feature for Shanghai Shenhua and Galatasaray in China and Turkey respectively.
Drogba left on a high after scoring the Champions League winning penalty against Bayern Munich in 2012 following a very successful 8 year stay in West London. He won three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups, and the Champions League title.
The Ivorian is still the club’s all time goal scorer in European competition with 34 strikes, and 9 goals in 9 cup finals for the London-based club.
Upon his move, the striker stated: “It was an easy decision – I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to work with Jose [Mourinho] again. Everyone knows the special relation I have with this club and it has always felt like home to me.”
“My desire to win is still the same and I look forward to the opportunity to help this team. I am excited for this next chapter in my career,” he added.
After the Blues secured Drogba’s signature, Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho said, “He’s coming because he’s one of the best strikers in Europe. I know his personality very well and I know if he comes back he’s not protected by history or what he’s done for the club previously. He is coming with the mentality to make more history.”
It’s well worth mentioning that Drogba will probably take the vacant number 15 jersey, after Mohamed Salah decided to change to the number 17 jersey.
Drogba becomes Chelsea’s fourth acquisition of the summer as they build up for the upcoming 14/15 campaign.