Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Al Ahly defeat Séwé Sport to go top of Group B
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy – Bassem Ali – Saad Samir – Mohamed Naguib – Sabry Rahil – Hossam Ashour – Hossam Ghaly – Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ – Walid Soliman – Mohamed Farouk – Amr Gamal.
Séwé Sport XI: Sylvain Gbohouo – Ibrahim Koné – Ousmane Adama Ouattara – Pacome Agboke – Kouadio Jules Cesar Yoboue – Cédric Kouadio N’Goran – Souleymane Dembélé – Joseph Kameni – Essis Baudelaire Aka – Roger Assalé – Hermann Kouao.
Al Ahly were awarded a penalty only four minutes in when new signing Mohamed Farouk – who was making his debut for the Reds along with Bassem Ali – was brought down inside the box.
Walid Soliman stepped up and cooly converted his penalty to put Juan Carlos Garrido’s men in the lead.
Al Ahly were gradually getting more dangerous, and Soliman went close once again when his header hit the side netting.
The Red Devils were once again knocking on the door, this time Amr Gamal sent his header over the bar.
Gamal was once again at the centre of trouble when he latched onto Sabri Rahil’s cross, but his headed effort went over the bar.
Hermann Kouao could’ve put Séwé ahead just before half-time when he went through on goal, but his finish didn’t cause Sherif Ekramy any trouble.
Walid Soliman could’ve doubled Al Ahly’s lead early in the second half when he unleashed a stinging strike which was parried by Gbohouo.
Substitute Emad Meteb tried to curl a shot past Gbohouo towards the end of the second half, but his attempt went wide.
Séwé were reduced to ten men in the final seconds of the game Yoboue was sent off for receiving his second yellow card of the game.