Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
El-Nenny plays 90 minutes in Basel’s 3-0 win over Luzern
FC Basel came on top with a 3-0 win against Luzern in their first home game of the season, as Egypt’s El-Nenny played the full game.
The game kicked off with FC Luzern pressing high up the pitch, not giving Basel much room to build up their attacks.
Basel, nonetheless, seemed the better of both teams and were able to create more chances.
Gonzalez played the ball to 33-year-old Marco Streller, who was left open and comfortably tapped in the opener, after latching onto a rebound from Shkëlzen Gashi’s shot.
Basel doubled their lead before the first half ended; Gashi scored his first ever goal for FC Basel from Fabian Frei’s cross.
The second half saw FC Luzern become the more active of the two teams, and they also had a call for a penalty denied.
David Calla managed to put one more goal in for the Swiss champions in the 94th minute as he got hold of the rebound from Giovanni Sio’s shot.
Mohamed El-Nenny started in the midfield and had a solid 90 minutes on the pitch, his first start for FC Basel this season.
It is worth noting 23-year-old Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi confirmed to KingFut.com that he is set to travel to Switzerland for a medical with the Swiss outfit this week, after which his switch to FC Basel will be completed.