Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
El-Nenny plays 90 minutes in Basel’s 3-0 win over Luzern
FC Basel came on top with a 3-0 win against Luzern in their first home game of the season, as Egypt’s El-Nenny played the full game.
The game kicked off with FC Luzern pressing high up the pitch, not giving Basel much room to build up their attacks.
Basel, nonetheless, seemed the better of both teams and were able to create more chances.
Gonzalez played the ball to 33-year-old Marco Streller, who was left open and comfortably tapped in the opener, after latching onto a rebound from Shkëlzen Gashi’s shot.
Basel doubled their lead before the first half ended; Gashi scored his first ever goal for FC Basel from Fabian Frei’s cross.
The second half saw FC Luzern become the more active of the two teams, and they also had a call for a penalty denied.
David Calla managed to put one more goal in for the Swiss champions in the 94th minute as he got hold of the rebound from Giovanni Sio’s shot.
Mohamed El-Nenny started in the midfield and had a solid 90 minutes on the pitch, his first start for FC Basel this season.
It is worth noting 23-year-old Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi confirmed to KingFut.com that he is set to travel to Switzerland for a medical with the Swiss outfit this week, after which his switch to FC Basel will be completed.