Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
El-Nenny plays 90 minutes in Basel’s 3-0 win over Luzern
The game kicked off with FC Luzern pressing high up the pitch, not giving Basel much room to build up their attacks.
Basel, nonetheless, seemed the better of both teams and were able to create more chances.
Gonzalez played the ball to 33-year-old Marco Streller, who was left open and comfortably tapped in the opener, after latching onto a rebound from Shkëlzen Gashi’s shot.
Basel doubled their lead before the first half ended; Gashi scored his first ever goal for FC Basel from Fabian Frei’s cross.
The second half saw FC Luzern become the more active of the two teams, and they also had a call for a penalty denied.
David Calla managed to put one more goal in for the Swiss champions in the 94th minute as he got hold of the rebound from Giovanni Sio’s shot.
Mohamed El-Nenny started in the midfield and had a solid 90 minutes on the pitch, his first start for FC Basel this season.
It is worth noting 23-year-old Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi confirmed to KingFut.com that he is set to travel to Switzerland for a medical with the Swiss outfit this week, after which his switch to FC Basel will be completed.