Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
El-Nenny plays 90 minutes in Basel’s 3-0 win over Luzern
The game kicked off with FC Luzern pressing high up the pitch, not giving Basel much room to build up their attacks.
Basel, nonetheless, seemed the better of both teams and were able to create more chances.
Gonzalez played the ball to 33-year-old Marco Streller, who was left open and comfortably tapped in the opener, after latching onto a rebound from Shkëlzen Gashi’s shot.
Basel doubled their lead before the first half ended; Gashi scored his first ever goal for FC Basel from Fabian Frei’s cross.
The second half saw FC Luzern become the more active of the two teams, and they also had a call for a penalty denied.
David Calla managed to put one more goal in for the Swiss champions in the 94th minute as he got hold of the rebound from Giovanni Sio’s shot.
Mohamed El-Nenny started in the midfield and had a solid 90 minutes on the pitch, his first start for FC Basel this season.
It is worth noting 23-year-old Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi confirmed to KingFut.com that he is set to travel to Switzerland for a medical with the Swiss outfit this week, after which his switch to FC Basel will be completed.