Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
EXCLUSIVE: Hamoudi confirms Basel medical, set to travel ‘in two days’
Egyptian playmaker Ahmed Hamoudi confirmed to KingFut.com, after his testimonial in Sporting Club of Alexandria late on Saturday night, that he will travel to Switzerland ‘in two days’.
Hamoudi, 23, was presented along with Smouha manager Hamada Sedki, where both received awards for their achievements with the club in the league and cup this season.
Speaking after the event, Hamoudi told KingFut: “I was supposed to travel today [Saturday] to Switzerland for my medical but my army papers are not finished yet and so I couldn’t travel.”
“I have not yet signed [with FC Basel] but I will after I have my medical tests when I arrive in two days,” confirmed Hamoudi.
It is worth noting that Smouha president Farag Amer confirmed earlier this month that an agreement with FC Basel has been reached for their youth product, while claiming that Paris Saint-Germain were also interested in the player.
The attacking midfielder had a very successful season with he Alexandrian outfit, helping them reach the league’s final four where they lost the championship by a one goal difference to Al Ahly. Hamoudi also guided Smouha to the Egypt Cup final, where they lost to Zamalek; however, he ended up as the competition’s top goalscorer with six goals.
Hamoudi has nine caps for the Egyptian national team, scoring one goal in the process – having made his debut in 2013.