Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
EXCLUSIVE: Hamoudi confirms Basel medical, set to travel ‘in two days’
Egyptian playmaker Ahmed Hamoudi confirmed to KingFut.com, after his testimonial in Sporting Club of Alexandria late on Saturday night, that he will travel to Switzerland ‘in two days’.
Hamoudi, 23, was presented along with Smouha manager Hamada Sedki, where both received awards for their achievements with the club in the league and cup this season.
Speaking after the event, Hamoudi told KingFut: “I was supposed to travel today [Saturday] to Switzerland for my medical but my army papers are not finished yet and so I couldn’t travel.”
“I have not yet signed [with FC Basel] but I will after I have my medical tests when I arrive in two days,” confirmed Hamoudi.
It is worth noting that Smouha president Farag Amer confirmed earlier this month that an agreement with FC Basel has been reached for their youth product, while claiming that Paris Saint-Germain were also interested in the player.
The attacking midfielder had a very successful season with he Alexandrian outfit, helping them reach the league’s final four where they lost the championship by a one goal difference to Al Ahly. Hamoudi also guided Smouha to the Egypt Cup final, where they lost to Zamalek; however, he ended up as the competition’s top goalscorer with six goals.
Hamoudi has nine caps for the Egyptian national team, scoring one goal in the process – having made his debut in 2013.