AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Kahraba off in tears as Thun defeat Grasshoppers
Grasshopper Club Zürich managed to come from behind to overturn a 2-0 lead but it wasn’t enough as FC Thun scored the winner in the 75th minute, following Egypt international Mahmoud Kahraba’s sending-off.
Within the opening 20 minutes Thun took a 2-0 lead as Swiss midfielder Christian Schneuwly scored a brace, with his second goal coming just 10 minutes after the first.
Grasshoppers responded immediately as 22-year-old Arab-Israeli striker Moanes Dabour pulled one back a minute later, before netting again on the 32nd minute to level the score before half-time.
20-year-old Mahmoud Kahraba had a great opportunity to also get on the scoresheet and net his first goal for the Zürich-based club but he was denied from close range.
However, in the 53rd minute Kahraba, who was playing on the right side of midfield, saw a second yellow card which resulted in a sending off for the Egyptian on his full debut – having only made his official debut last Sunday as a late substitute.
Thun capitalized on the man advantage and Schneuwly completed his hat-trick on the 75th minute, which proved to be the winner for the visitors.
Grasshoppers manager Michael Skibbe later criticized the referee and came to the defense of Kahraba, who he said had a moment of ‘weakness’, according to Blick.
The Egyptian also apologized to his team-mates after the match, as the club now sit bottom of the table with two losses from their opening two games.
Kahraba will now miss out on the club’s next match against FC Sion next Saturday.