Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Ahmed Hamoudi signs for FC Basel
23-year-old attacking midfielder Hamoudi completes his move from Smouha to FC Basel on a four-year deal, for a fee believed to be in the region of €800,000.
Smouha president Farag Amer confirmed that the transfer terms with FC Basel were agreed one day after the Alexandrian club’s 2-1 win over Al Ahly in the 2014 Egypt Cup semi-finals, which saw them reach the final for the first time in their history. The 23-year-old helped secure the win over the Egyptian champions by scoring both of Smouha’s goals.
However, Amer had stated that the transfer was not going to take place until Smouha played the Cup final against Zamalek on the 19th of July – a match in which the Alexandrians were eventually defeated 1-0.
Only a couple of hours before the final took place, Amer cast doubt over the deal after claiming Paris Saint-Germain had joined the race to sign Hamoudi, following a call with former Smouha manager Patrice Neveu.
The French interest did not materialize, and the playmaker travelled to Switzerland on Monday night to have his medical with FC Basel, following the competition of his military paperwork – which had initially delayed his departure.
Hamoudi has now officially made the switch from Smouha to the Swiss champions, and will be joining compatriot Mohamed El-Nenny after passing his medical and signing the contract. He will wear the number 24 jersey for his new club.
FC Basel won the Swiss Super League last season, in what was their 5th consecutive crowning, and they will be participating in the UEFA Champions League group stages once again this season.
The new Basel signing has managed to score 14 and assist 5 times in 24 games for Smouha this season with a goal contribution of 0.92 per 90 minutes. (For more information on Hamoudi’s goal contribution, check out Ali El Fakharany’s statistical feature on the matter.)
In a recent poll conducted on KingFut.com, Hamoudi was voted the Egyptian Premier League Player of the Year for the 2014/2015 season with 40% of the votes, narrowly edging out Al Ahly’s Amr Gamal (33%).