Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Official: Zamalek sack Ahmed Hossam “Mido”
Following weeks of speculation and reported conflict between Zamalek’s board and the manager, Mido has confirmed that he will no longer be working with the club.
Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Mido said: “Ahmed Suliman of the board of directors has told me of their decision to dismiss me.”
“I’m still the son of Zamalek SC and am ready to serve them in any capacity.”
The 31-year-old has also confirmed the board’s decision via Twitter, through his official account.
The former Tottenham and Ajax striker took over from Helmy Toulan in January 2014 and led Zamalek to the play-off stage of the domestic league, while retaining the Egypt Cup by beating Smouha.
Reports suggest that former Al Ahly and Zamalek legend Hossam Hassan, who is the current Jordan national team manager, is tipped to replace Mido at the club.