A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Official: Zamalek sack Ahmed Hossam “Mido”
Zamalek’s board of directors have informed Mido of his dismissal, the club’s official website have confirmed.
Following weeks of speculation and reported conflict between Zamalek’s board and the manager, Mido has confirmed that he will no longer be working with the club.
Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Mido said: “Ahmed Suliman of the board of directors has told me of their decision to dismiss me.”
“I’m still the son of Zamalek SC and am ready to serve them in any capacity.”
The 31-year-old has also confirmed the board’s decision via Twitter, through his official account.
The former Tottenham and Ajax striker took over from Helmy Toulan in January 2014 and led Zamalek to the play-off stage of the domestic league, while retaining the Egypt Cup by beating Smouha.
Reports suggest that former Al Ahly and Zamalek legend Hossam Hassan, who is the current Jordan national team manager, is tipped to replace Mido at the club.