Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Official: Zamalek sack Ahmed Hossam “Mido”
Following weeks of speculation and reported conflict between Zamalek’s board and the manager, Mido has confirmed that he will no longer be working with the club.
Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Mido said: “Ahmed Suliman of the board of directors has told me of their decision to dismiss me.”
“I’m still the son of Zamalek SC and am ready to serve them in any capacity.”
The 31-year-old has also confirmed the board’s decision via Twitter, through his official account.
The former Tottenham and Ajax striker took over from Helmy Toulan in January 2014 and led Zamalek to the play-off stage of the domestic league, while retaining the Egypt Cup by beating Smouha.
Reports suggest that former Al Ahly and Zamalek legend Hossam Hassan, who is the current Jordan national team manager, is tipped to replace Mido at the club.