After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Official: Zamalek sack Ahmed Hossam “Mido”
Following weeks of speculation and reported conflict between Zamalek’s board and the manager, Mido has confirmed that he will no longer be working with the club.
Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Mido said: “Ahmed Suliman of the board of directors has told me of their decision to dismiss me.”
“I’m still the son of Zamalek SC and am ready to serve them in any capacity.”
The 31-year-old has also confirmed the board’s decision via Twitter, through his official account.
The former Tottenham and Ajax striker took over from Helmy Toulan in January 2014 and led Zamalek to the play-off stage of the domestic league, while retaining the Egypt Cup by beating Smouha.
Reports suggest that former Al Ahly and Zamalek legend Hossam Hassan, who is the current Jordan national team manager, is tipped to replace Mido at the club.