Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Hassan brothers agree Zamalek managerial return
Former Egyptian legendary striker Hossam Hassan and brother Ibrahim agree in principle to return to the club with Hossam as the manager. Negotiations with the Jordanian FA are to start soon.
After meeting in the Northern Coast, it has been agreed that Hossam Hassan will take over next season and he is to be joined by brother Ibrahim, Tarek El-Said and Waleed Badr. The latter two will be taking over from Medhat Abdel-Hady and Sayed Metwally, who were only recently hired by Mido.
“We have reached an agreement with Hossam Hassan to take charge of the team starting from the new season,” Mortada Mansour told reporters after a meeting between the current Jordan national team manager and Zamalek’s board on Wednesday.
Negotiations with the Jordanian FA are expected to start soon since Hossam had only signed a renewal to his contract a few months ago.
Hossam Hassan had a two-year spell as Zamalek manager from 2009 until 2011, replacing Michel De Castal. Although the quality of the team’s performances were elevated and their league position increased from mid-table, Hassan left without winning a title.