Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
VIDEO: Salah scores as Chelsea cruise to friendly victory
Chelsea’s huge investment in Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas could turn out to be sound business based on an evening when both of them dazzled as Jose Mourinho resisted the idea of giving Didier Drogba a second debut.
It took Diego Costa four minutes to stamp his authority on the game after latching on to a delightful through ball from Nemanja Matic and then unselfishly put the equally impressive Mohamed Salah through on goal after a brilliant supporting run from the young Pharaoh. Salah dispatched the chance, tapping into an empty net and giving Chelsea a 1-0 lead.
The Egyptian international could have a two by half time if it wasnt for a poor first touch after Matic slipped him through. Diego Costa finished his evening’s work by darting through the defence before again squaring the ball to give Matic the simplest of chances to convert to make it 3-0 after Cesc Fabregas scored his first goal for the Blues in the 26th minute.
Salah was taken of mid way through the second half after arguably his most lively performance in Chelsea’s pre season tour. Chelsea will now fly off to Germany for their next match against Werder Bremen on Sunday.