A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
VIDEO: Salah scores as Chelsea cruise to friendly victory
Chelsea’s huge investment in Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas could turn out to be sound business based on an evening when both of them dazzled as Jose Mourinho resisted the idea of giving Didier Drogba a second debut.
It took Diego Costa four minutes to stamp his authority on the game after latching on to a delightful through ball from Nemanja Matic and then unselfishly put the equally impressive Mohamed Salah through on goal after a brilliant supporting run from the young Pharaoh. Salah dispatched the chance, tapping into an empty net and giving Chelsea a 1-0 lead.
The Egyptian international could have a two by half time if it wasnt for a poor first touch after Matic slipped him through. Diego Costa finished his evening’s work by darting through the defence before again squaring the ball to give Matic the simplest of chances to convert to make it 3-0 after Cesc Fabregas scored his first goal for the Blues in the 26th minute.
Salah was taken of mid way through the second half after arguably his most lively performance in Chelsea’s pre season tour. Chelsea will now fly off to Germany for their next match against Werder Bremen on Sunday.