Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Salah scores as Chelsea cruise to friendly victory
Chelsea’s huge investment in Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas could turn out to be sound business based on an evening when both of them dazzled as Jose Mourinho resisted the idea of giving Didier Drogba a second debut.
It took Diego Costa four minutes to stamp his authority on the game after latching on to a delightful through ball from Nemanja Matic and then unselfishly put the equally impressive Mohamed Salah through on goal after a brilliant supporting run from the young Pharaoh. Salah dispatched the chance, tapping into an empty net and giving Chelsea a 1-0 lead.
The Egyptian international could have a two by half time if it wasnt for a poor first touch after Matic slipped him through. Diego Costa finished his evening’s work by darting through the defence before again squaring the ball to give Matic the simplest of chances to convert to make it 3-0 after Cesc Fabregas scored his first goal for the Blues in the 26th minute.
Salah was taken of mid way through the second half after arguably his most lively performance in Chelsea’s pre season tour. Chelsea will now fly off to Germany for their next match against Werder Bremen on Sunday.