Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Official: Smouha acquire former Al Ahly starlets Shokry & Manga
Smouha have acquired the services of recently released Al Ahly duo Ahmed ‘Manga’ Nabil and Ahmed Shokry, according to the club’s official website.
In Smouha’s continued bid to raise the quality of the first team and challenge for titles next season, the Alexandrian club have signed 22-year-old right wing-back Manga and 25-year-old winger Ahmed Shokry from Al Ahly.
The Blues have been in impressive form this campaign, reaching the decisive stages of the Egyptian Premier League and finishing second on goal difference – which guaranteed them a spot in the CAF Champions League next season – and culminating in participating in the final of the 2014 Egypt Cup.
Yearning to build on the success of this season, the club have given itself a boost by making a number of important signings over the past few weeks, including the second top scorer in Ghana Seidu Bancey, veteran Ismaily goalkeeper Mohamed Sobhy, and they have now added two former young Al Ahly stars to the mix.
Ahmed ‘Manga’ Nabil and Ahmed Shokry grew within the Ahly youth academy and played their entire professional careers with the Red Devils thus far. The duo were recently released, along with a handful of others, after failing to reach their expected potential with Al Ahly, while the arrival of fresh new faces in their positions only pushed them further down the pecking order.
Meanwhile Smouha, who are set to play their first-ever continental matches in the CAF Champions League next season, have sold star playmaker Ahmed Hamoudi to FC Basel.