Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
Official: Smouha acquire former Al Ahly starlets Shokry & Manga
In Smouha’s continued bid to raise the quality of the first team and challenge for titles next season, the Alexandrian club have signed 22-year-old right wing-back Manga and 25-year-old winger Ahmed Shokry from Al Ahly.
The Blues have been in impressive form this campaign, reaching the decisive stages of the Egyptian Premier League and finishing second on goal difference – which guaranteed them a spot in the CAF Champions League next season – and culminating in participating in the final of the 2014 Egypt Cup.
Yearning to build on the success of this season, the club have given itself a boost by making a number of important signings over the past few weeks, including the second top scorer in Ghana Seidu Bancey, veteran Ismaily goalkeeper Mohamed Sobhy, and they have now added two former young Al Ahly stars to the mix.
Ahmed ‘Manga’ Nabil and Ahmed Shokry grew within the Ahly youth academy and played their entire professional careers with the Red Devils thus far. The duo were recently released, along with a handful of others, after failing to reach their expected potential with Al Ahly, while the arrival of fresh new faces in their positions only pushed them further down the pecking order.
Meanwhile Smouha, who are set to play their first-ever continental matches in the CAF Champions League next season, have sold star playmaker Ahmed Hamoudi to FC Basel.