Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, believes that it’s far from over in...
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
- South Africa coach Mashaba to accompany Sundowns to Egypt
- Hegazy returns as El-Badry announces Al Ahly squad to face Aswan
Official: Smouha acquire former Al Ahly starlets Shokry & Manga
Smouha have acquired the services of recently released Al Ahly duo Ahmed ‘Manga’ Nabil and Ahmed Shokry, according to the club’s official website.
In Smouha’s continued bid to raise the quality of the first team and challenge for titles next season, the Alexandrian club have signed 22-year-old right wing-back Manga and 25-year-old winger Ahmed Shokry from Al Ahly.
The Blues have been in impressive form this campaign, reaching the decisive stages of the Egyptian Premier League and finishing second on goal difference – which guaranteed them a spot in the CAF Champions League next season – and culminating in participating in the final of the 2014 Egypt Cup.
Yearning to build on the success of this season, the club have given itself a boost by making a number of important signings over the past few weeks, including the second top scorer in Ghana Seidu Bancey, veteran Ismaily goalkeeper Mohamed Sobhy, and they have now added two former young Al Ahly stars to the mix.
Ahmed ‘Manga’ Nabil and Ahmed Shokry grew within the Ahly youth academy and played their entire professional careers with the Red Devils thus far. The duo were recently released, along with a handful of others, after failing to reach their expected potential with Al Ahly, while the arrival of fresh new faces in their positions only pushed them further down the pecking order.