Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Official: Smouha acquire former Al Ahly starlets Shokry & Manga
In Smouha’s continued bid to raise the quality of the first team and challenge for titles next season, the Alexandrian club have signed 22-year-old right wing-back Manga and 25-year-old winger Ahmed Shokry from Al Ahly.
The Blues have been in impressive form this campaign, reaching the decisive stages of the Egyptian Premier League and finishing second on goal difference – which guaranteed them a spot in the CAF Champions League next season – and culminating in participating in the final of the 2014 Egypt Cup.
Yearning to build on the success of this season, the club have given itself a boost by making a number of important signings over the past few weeks, including the second top scorer in Ghana Seidu Bancey, veteran Ismaily goalkeeper Mohamed Sobhy, and they have now added two former young Al Ahly stars to the mix.
Ahmed ‘Manga’ Nabil and Ahmed Shokry grew within the Ahly youth academy and played their entire professional careers with the Red Devils thus far. The duo were recently released, along with a handful of others, after failing to reach their expected potential with Al Ahly, while the arrival of fresh new faces in their positions only pushed them further down the pecking order.
Meanwhile Smouha, who are set to play their first-ever continental matches in the CAF Champions League next season, have sold star playmaker Ahmed Hamoudi to FC Basel.