The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Kahraba makes UEFA Champions League debut in 2-0 loss to Lille
20-year-old attacking midfielder Mahmoud Kahraba started on the bench in Grasshoppers’ UEFA Champions League qualifier against Ligue 1 side Lille OSC on Wednesday night.
The Egyptian was subbed on for his European debut in the second half by his manager, Michael Skibbe, when his team went into the break with a one-goal deficit.
Sébastien Corchia scored the opener with a well placed volley after Ryan Mendes’ cross found him open near the far post.
With his team behind, Skibbe took off veteran defender Stéphane Grichting for Kahraba, switching to a four-at-the-back system instead of three, which his team started with.
Only four minutes into the second half, Corchia played a cross into Mendes, who found the back of the net and doubled Lille’s lead in Switzerland.
The young Pharaoh will miss Grasshoppers’ next game on Saturday in the Swiss Super League due to his sending off in their last league game. However, the Egyptian will be available for the trip to France for the second leg against Lille OSC next Tuesday.