AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Kahraba makes UEFA Champions League debut in 2-0 loss to Lille
20-year-old attacking midfielder Mahmoud Kahraba started on the bench in Grasshoppers’ UEFA Champions League qualifier against Ligue 1 side Lille OSC on Wednesday night.
The Egyptian was subbed on for his European debut in the second half by his manager, Michael Skibbe, when his team went into the break with a one-goal deficit.
Sébastien Corchia scored the opener with a well placed volley after Ryan Mendes’ cross found him open near the far post.
With his team behind, Skibbe took off veteran defender Stéphane Grichting for Kahraba, switching to a four-at-the-back system instead of three, which his team started with.
Only four minutes into the second half, Corchia played a cross into Mendes, who found the back of the net and doubled Lille’s lead in Switzerland.
The young Pharaoh will miss Grasshoppers’ next game on Saturday in the Swiss Super League due to his sending off in their last league game. However, the Egyptian will be available for the trip to France for the second leg against Lille OSC next Tuesday.