Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Security forces allow limited attendance of fans for Ittihad-Sporting friendly
Despite the security forces previously agreeing to secure the friendly last week, Ittihad of Alexandria officials were faced with the former’s refusal on Friday, just three days before the match with Sporting Lisbon was supposed to be played.
The security forces have now given their approval and the match will go on as planned on August 4th, a decision that will come as a huge relief for both clubs, given that the Portuguese side are set to arrive in Egypt on Sunday.
1000 fans are not in anyway sufficient for the Alexandrians however, as Ittihad are arguably the third most popular club in Egypt after Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek.
As a result, the centennial celebrations will be much more restricted compared to previous occasions in Egypt; when Al Ahly and Zamalek faced Spanish giants Barcelona and Atlético Madrid in 2006 and 2011 respectively.
Former Zamalek star Shikabala , who joined Sporting Lisbon in the winter transfer window, has been assigned as the “representative” of the protocol between Sporting and Ittihad of Alexandria.
Moreover, the arrival of Sporting Lisbon officials may lead to the confirmation of the transfer of Al Ahly’s defender Rami Rabia, who KingFut.com have exclusively revealed has already come to terms with the Portuguese Club.