Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Security forces allow limited attendance of fans for Ittihad-Sporting friendly
Despite the security forces previously agreeing to secure the friendly last week, Ittihad of Alexandria officials were faced with the former’s refusal on Friday, just three days before the match with Sporting Lisbon was supposed to be played.
The security forces have now given their approval and the match will go on as planned on August 4th, a decision that will come as a huge relief for both clubs, given that the Portuguese side are set to arrive in Egypt on Sunday.
As a result, the centennial celebrations will be much more restricted compared to previous occasions in Egypt; when Al Ahly and Zamalek faced Spanish giants Barcelona and Atlético Madrid in 2006 and 2011 respectively.
Former Zamalek star Shikabala , who joined Sporting Lisbon in the winter transfer window, has been assigned as the “representative” of the protocol between Sporting and Ittihad of Alexandria.
Moreover, the arrival of Sporting Lisbon officials may lead to the confirmation of the transfer of Al Ahly’s defender Rami Rabia, who KingFut.com have exclusively revealed has already come to terms with the Portuguese Club.