Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Security forces allow limited attendance of fans for Ittihad-Sporting friendly
Despite the security forces previously agreeing to secure the friendly last week, Ittihad of Alexandria officials were faced with the former’s refusal on Friday, just three days before the match with Sporting Lisbon was supposed to be played.
The security forces have now given their approval and the match will go on as planned on August 4th, a decision that will come as a huge relief for both clubs, given that the Portuguese side are set to arrive in Egypt on Sunday.
1000 fans are not in anyway sufficient for the Alexandrians however, as Ittihad are arguably the third most popular club in Egypt after Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek.
As a result, the centennial celebrations will be much more restricted compared to previous occasions in Egypt; when Al Ahly and Zamalek faced Spanish giants Barcelona and Atlético Madrid in 2006 and 2011 respectively.
Former Zamalek star Shikabala , who joined Sporting Lisbon in the winter transfer window, has been assigned as the “representative” of the protocol between Sporting and Ittihad of Alexandria.
Moreover, the arrival of Sporting Lisbon officials may lead to the confirmation of the transfer of Al Ahly’s defender Rami Rabia, who KingFut.com have exclusively revealed has already come to terms with the Portuguese Club.