Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour defended coach Momen Soliman following the White Castle’s...
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
El-Nenny features in Basel win, Hamoudi awaits Swiss license
The Swiss champions played away against FC Thun in a 3-2 win in the third round of the Swiss Super League on Saturday.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny started the match while compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi was excluded from the matchday squad as he is still waiting for his Swiss player’s license to arrive.
The 24-year-old signed for FC Basel from Smouha last Tuesday and took part in his first training session with his new team the next day.
Basel finished the first half with a two-goal advantage thanks to efforts from Marco Streller and Shkëlzen Gashi.
Andrija Kaludjerovic scored the first goal for the home side in the opening minutes of the second half before Berat Sadik equalized in the 84th minute.
However, Fabian Schar found the back of the net for Basel only four minutes later to regain the lead, which ended up securing the three points for the visitors.
Basel are now atop the league table on goal difference over second-placed FC Zurich, as both teams have 9 points from their opening three games.