Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
El-Nenny features in Basel win, Hamoudi awaits Swiss license
The Swiss champions played away against FC Thun in a 3-2 win in the third round of the Swiss Super League on Saturday.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny started the match while compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi was excluded from the matchday squad as he is still waiting for his Swiss player’s license to arrive.
The 24-year-old signed for FC Basel from Smouha last Tuesday and took part in his first training session with his new team the next day.
Basel finished the first half with a two-goal advantage thanks to efforts from Marco Streller and Shkëlzen Gashi.
Andrija Kaludjerovic scored the first goal for the home side in the opening minutes of the second half before Berat Sadik equalized in the 84th minute.
However, Fabian Schar found the back of the net for Basel only four minutes later to regain the lead, which ended up securing the three points for the visitors.
Basel are now atop the league table on goal difference over second-placed FC Zurich, as both teams have 9 points from their opening three games.