Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
El-Nenny features in Basel win, Hamoudi awaits Swiss license
The Swiss champions played away against FC Thun in a 3-2 win in the third round of the Swiss Super League on Saturday.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny started the match while compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi was excluded from the matchday squad as he is still waiting for his Swiss player’s license to arrive.
The 24-year-old signed for FC Basel from Smouha last Tuesday and took part in his first training session with his new team the next day.
Basel finished the first half with a two-goal advantage thanks to efforts from Marco Streller and Shkëlzen Gashi.
Andrija Kaludjerovic scored the first goal for the home side in the opening minutes of the second half before Berat Sadik equalized in the 84th minute.
However, Fabian Schar found the back of the net for Basel only four minutes later to regain the lead, which ended up securing the three points for the visitors.
Basel are now atop the league table on goal difference over second-placed FC Zurich, as both teams have 9 points from their opening three games.