Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
El-Nenny features in Basel win, Hamoudi awaits Swiss license
The Swiss champions played away against FC Thun in a 3-2 win in the third round of the Swiss Super League on Saturday.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny started the match while compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi was excluded from the matchday squad as he is still waiting for his Swiss player’s license to arrive.
The 24-year-old signed for FC Basel from Smouha last Tuesday and took part in his first training session with his new team the next day.
Basel finished the first half with a two-goal advantage thanks to efforts from Marco Streller and Shkëlzen Gashi.
Andrija Kaludjerovic scored the first goal for the home side in the opening minutes of the second half before Berat Sadik equalized in the 84th minute.
However, Fabian Schar found the back of the net for Basel only four minutes later to regain the lead, which ended up securing the three points for the visitors.
Basel are now atop the league table on goal difference over second-placed FC Zurich, as both teams have 9 points from their opening three games.