Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
El-Nenny features in Basel win, Hamoudi awaits Swiss license
The Swiss champions played away against FC Thun in a 3-2 win in the third round of the Swiss Super League on Saturday.
Egypt international Mohamed El-Nenny started the match while compatriot Ahmed Hamoudi was excluded from the matchday squad as he is still waiting for his Swiss player’s license to arrive.
The 24-year-old signed for FC Basel from Smouha last Tuesday and took part in his first training session with his new team the next day.
Basel finished the first half with a two-goal advantage thanks to efforts from Marco Streller and Shkëlzen Gashi.
Andrija Kaludjerovic scored the first goal for the home side in the opening minutes of the second half before Berat Sadik equalized in the 84th minute.
However, Fabian Schar found the back of the net for Basel only four minutes later to regain the lead, which ended up securing the three points for the visitors.
Basel are now atop the league table on goal difference over second-placed FC Zurich, as both teams have 9 points from their opening three games.