Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Abdallah Gomaa comes off the bench for Union Berlin in stalemate
Abdallah Gomaa makes an impact coming off the bench with FC Union Berlin this Sunday in a 0-0 draw at Karlsruhe.
18-year-old Abdallah Gomaa made a late appearance in 1.FC Union Berlin’s first game of the season in the 2nd Bundesliga as they played away against Karlsruhe, which ended in a 0-0 deadlock.
Karsrule controlled most of the game and were closer to going up. Gomaa came in for midfielder Bjorn Jopek in the 83rd minute and was able to create a chance for Torsten Mattuschka minutes later.
Abdallah, who moved from ENPPI to Union Berlin on a one-and-a-half year loan in January, has been unable to make much of an impression thus far, combining for only 14 minutes in the second half of the 2013/2014 season.
The younger brother of CD Nacional midfielder Saleh Gomaa is looking to have a larger role with Union Berlin this season and possibly helping them become a contender for promotion to the 1st Bundesliga.
Union head back to Berlin to face recently relegated Fortuna Dusseldorf for their first home game of the season on Friday August 8th.