Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Abdallah Gomaa comes off the bench for Union Berlin in stalemate
Abdallah Gomaa makes an impact coming off the bench with FC Union Berlin this Sunday in a 0-0 draw at Karlsruhe.
18-year-old Abdallah Gomaa made a late appearance in 1.FC Union Berlin’s first game of the season in the 2nd Bundesliga as they played away against Karlsruhe, which ended in a 0-0 deadlock.
Karsrule controlled most of the game and were closer to going up. Gomaa came in for midfielder Bjorn Jopek in the 83rd minute and was able to create a chance for Torsten Mattuschka minutes later.
Abdallah, who moved from ENPPI to Union Berlin on a one-and-a-half year loan in January, has been unable to make much of an impression thus far, combining for only 14 minutes in the second half of the 2013/2014 season.
The younger brother of CD Nacional midfielder Saleh Gomaa is looking to have a larger role with Union Berlin this season and possibly helping them become a contender for promotion to the 1st Bundesliga.
Union head back to Berlin to face recently relegated Fortuna Dusseldorf for their first home game of the season on Friday August 8th.